Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2010, 08:42 AM

Default C/24 ethernet connection

Our brand new C/24 keeps loosing communication with Pro Tools. The connector on the back panel of the C/24 does not click and seat firmly. If I snug it up I get a green com light and a flashing activity light. Then I'm allowed to re boot the connection in the perphs. Anyone having the same trouble? Is there a fix for the jack? This is a cross over cable yes?
Old 04-22-2010, 04:43 PM

Default Re: C/24 ethernet connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtayloraudio View Post
Our brand new C/24 keeps loosing communication with Pro Tools. The connector on the back panel of the C/24 does not click and seat firmly. If I snug it up I get a green com light and a flashing activity light. Then I'm allowed to re boot the connection in the perphs. Anyone having the same trouble? Is there a fix for the jack? This is a cross over cable yes?
Sounds like you need a new Ethernet cable. One reason some cables don't seat is because the little nubbin on the cable connector is either missing or of an odd size. And as to whether it's a crossover cable or not depends on whether you're going through a router or direct to the computer. Consult your manual for which you need. And make sure you're using a proper Ethernet cable and not a cheapy phone system cable.

QAPLA!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:07 AM

I noticed on a newly delivered Mac Pro that the Ethernet connector (Female) was easy to not catch. Although a firm push-n-wiggle did catch it.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:06 AM

I would follow the previous poster's advice and get another cable. They are not at all perfect and the intermittent disconnect will mess up your communications.