How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 03-24-2010, 06:35 PM

Default elastic audio - corrective work flow

i use elastic audio to manually pocket vocals

i go through each region (usually one per line) and delete all analysis markers
then i switch to warp view and add warp makers at the beginning of sylables where i see fit

then i move the warp markers to grid (super pocketing of vocals)

what i do next is up in the air, im not super sure of the most efficient method yet...

should i keep pocketing and then at the end xform the whole thing? this is sort of scary because there might be a line or two or even ten that you'll want to change and its a a bit of a pain to keep doing this over and over. especially when disabling elastic audio on the track commits every region in the track, not just select regions

if i don't do it that way, whats the best way to make the x-form commitment? it seems like you'd have to switch to x-form mode, wait for render, then switch off elastic audio and hit commit, then switch back to real-time to keep working on other regions on the track

another idea i had was to make an x-form track, its empty, and you just cut / paste the take from the real-time elastic audio track to the x-form elastic audio track. this way, your edits are instant, and you can make changes quickly and when you're satisfied, you can easily commit to x-form in a couple of key strokes... the annoying thing is that even after this you still have to copy and paste to a regular audio track because copying and pasting back into elastic audio track will keep the elastic audio information online. (i am wanting to make completely committed audio)

and im not sure how i feel about consolidate regions. the manual doesn't really tell you whats happening in terms of elastic audio data... like if it re-renders the audio or what...

hopefully someone understands what im talking about here and can offer some advice or their experience...

im on pro tools hd! thanks!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:03 AM

Default Re: elastic audio - corrective work flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymusicguy View Post
i use elastic audio to manually pocket vocals

i go through each region (usually one per line) and delete all analysis markers
then i switch to warp view and add warp makers at the beginning of sylables where i see fit

then i move the warp markers to grid (super pocketing of vocals)

what i do next is up in the air, im not super sure of the most efficient method yet...

should i keep pocketing and then at the end xform the whole thing? this is sort of scary because there might be a line or two or even ten that you'll want to change and its a a bit of a pain to keep doing this over and over. especially when disabling elastic audio on the track commits every region in the track, not just select regions

if i don't do it that way, whats the best way to make the x-form commitment? it seems like you'd have to switch to x-form mode, wait for render, then switch off elastic audio and hit commit, then switch back to real-time to keep working on other regions on the track

another idea i had was to make an x-form track, its empty, and you just cut / paste the take from the real-time elastic audio track to the x-form elastic audio track. this way, your edits are instant, and you can make changes quickly and when you're satisfied, you can easily commit to x-form in a couple of key strokes... the annoying thing is that even after this you still have to copy and paste to a regular audio track because copying and pasting back into elastic audio track will keep the elastic audio information online. (i am wanting to make completely committed audio)

and im not sure how i feel about consolidate regions. the manual doesn't really tell you whats happening in terms of elastic audio data... like if it re-renders the audio or what...

hopefully someone understands what im talking about here and can offer some advice or their experience...

im on pro tools hd! thanks!
My experience with elastic audio is that first, I always make a comp track just in case something goes wrong. As far as x-form, I'm not sure what that is but I have not been on my system for a while or needed elastic audio. Consolidating is fine. Just have that extra untouched track in a lower playlist in case you don't like the results.

Good luck,