Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 AM

Default Plugins hide.

Hey guys I had a really strange thing happen last night when on a Profile. I had some bomb factory comps (5) and revibes (2) and I pressed the plugin button to show the overview and everything was there. I clicked the a comp and it "vanished". It wouldn't show in the overview but it was still there because my gain didn't go crazy. So I thought it was odd and a few songs later I went back into the overview and it was there and I clicked and everything worked. So I clicked a revibe and it did the same thing. Completely vanished but when I switched over to my fx returns it was showing reverb. Very strange I didn't get the reverb back till the 3 or 2 of the last song. Wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I don't carry the console I was on and I believe it was on V3
Old 07-09-2013, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Plugins hide.

Did you click on a plugin in rack view? I pretty much always navigate to the plugin by selecting a channel and hitting PLUGINS button. Doing it that way is also important for gaining hardware control over plugins thru Insert Mode.

I have sometimes seen a plugin taking time to show up when looked at the first time. ML4000 comes to my mind first. Also I have read, that some early units had a motherboard with very little memory that also added to the slowness of showing plugins. I'm not near the desk, but I think it's possible to select an empty slot (like when your plugin is in slot 2 of 4 but you select slot 3) and "see nothing".
Old 07-09-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
Did you click on a plugin in rack view? I pretty much always navigate to the plugin by selecting a channel and hitting PLUGINS button. Doing it that way is also important for gaining hardware control over plugins thru Insert Mode.

I have sometimes seen a plugin taking time to show up when looked at the first time. ML4000 comes to my mind first. Also I have read, that some early units had a motherboard with very little memory that also added to the slowness of showing plugins. I'm not near the desk, but I think it's possible to select an empty slot (like when your plugin is in slot 2 of 4 but you select slot 3) and "see nothing".
Yeah i usually switch back and forth the way i navigate to the plugins. Like you said i usually click the channel then hit plugins. But i was on that side of the board so i decided to go to the plugin rack. When i clicked the verb for instance it just vanished and i went in and out of the rack view and the plugin had completely disappeared but when i went to my FX returns i could see and hear the reverb signal. The verb was gone for several songs and then randomly when i clicked back into the plugin rack it was there. It was very odd.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post

I also think you are correct about opening "blank" slots in the rack. But like i said signal was still going into a reverb.....just didnt know where..... haha