Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2002, 10:17 AM

Default Midi: can\'t record midi notes synth input

It seems like I've got it all set-up right: OMS 2.3.8 with Midisport 2x2: In-A/Out-A going to a Korg M1 Out/In. The Thru of the M1 is going to 2 other modules. The My Studio Setup tests properly. I can import midi tracks and they play on all synths that are connected. If I set the Midisport to MidiThru, the keyboard does control the modules.

But: when I create a new Midi track and choose to record on that track, and set the Midisport to USB, the M1 makes no sound, nor do the modules receive any midi input. I've got my Input Devices... set to the M1 (It also shows the Midisport, which I've tried setting to, but this option does not have any channels to choose from and still no notes heard or recorded). I've tried all channels with the M1 chosen as the Input Device.

I think that explains everything I've tried...
Anyone have any ideas?? It seems like when I set the Midisport to USB, the keyboard signal is not passed to Protools.

myrios
Old 10-03-2002, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Midi: can\'t record midi notes synth input

myrios, did you ever get an answer or figure it out? I've got the same problem, can't read my midi keyboard, even though my Finale program reads it just fine through the normal interface. Dman