Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 06-26-2013, 01:04 PM

Default Download link broken

Not that it's the end of the world, but the

Big Fish R&B Funk Loops link on the download page of my Avid account is broken. Once I press either the Downlaod Manager option OR the direct link is states:

File not found."

Avid, could you fix this when get to it. Should be an easy fix, yes?

Peter
Old 06-26-2013, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Download link broken

This should be fixed now.

If you are still having trouble, please reply with the complete file name (right click on "click here" to copy it).
Old 05-07-2014, 10:23 PM

Hey Jeffro,
Hi, I'm just downloading my upgrade to PT10, and the Big Fish loops seem to be broken for me, too. Here are the links that aren't working. Is it because they have "digidesign" in the name? I tried substituting "avid", but no dice.

Here are the broken links:
Big Fish Dance DJ Loops
dance_dj_55867.zip

Big Fish Hip Hop Loops
hip_hop_56860.zip

Big Fish Jazz Loops
jazz_55869.zip

Big Fish Pop Rock Loops
pop_rock_55870.zip

Big Fish R&B Funk Loops
rb_funk_soul_70045.zip

Big Fish Rock Hard Loops
rock_hard_55871.zip

Big Fish World Loops
world_55872.zip

Thanks for your help!
-Lisle

Last edited by Bruce Paine; 05-08-2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: removed secured links, listed the actual file names.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:57 AM
Admin Emeritus

I tested your Avid account, and all of the Big Fish loops downloaded, using both the Download Manager and the alternate download link, where it says:
Quote:
Should the Download Manager fail to start, or if you do not accept the security certificate, you can click here to download the file without using the download manager.
If you want to use the Download Manager (the larger "Download" link in that separate window with newer versions of Mac OS X, you would need to install Java from www.java.com since Mac OS X automatically removes/disables Oracle Java for the last few years.

If you could give more details about what you are seeing when you click on the downloads in your account, that would help figure out the problem.

Does the smaller download window open?
If not, then we need to figure out why. It's like a popup window, but really it is just opening a new smaller window. It doesn't make a difference whether popups are blocked or not when I try it on Firefox on Mac OS, but maybe try different settings or a different web browser.

Are you trying to download by right-clicking on the download links in your account and doing "Save As..."? That won't work. These are secure downloads that need to open that separate download window.

If you are on Mac OS X, and you had no problem downloading the disk image (.dmg) installers, then maybe it is only the .zip files for the loops that are a problem on your system. Maybe your web browser settings for zip files are causing an issue. Again, best way to tell is to try on a different web browser, or even a different computer as a last resort.