Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 10-28-2008, 06:34 AM

Default Re: Adding another 888/24 to mix plus system

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
Hold down Shift-Apple-3 simultaneously, it will take a screenshot of the entire desktop.

Shift-Apple-4 will take a screenshot of a boxed area you determine by clicking and dragging.

Thanks for the info John, I will give it a shot.

Best Regards,

David Arnold
www.stumpsound.com
Old 12-02-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Are you turning on the interfaces first, before booting up the computer?

If you do an 'identify' in the hardware setup dialog (when the units first work), does it identify the proper interface?

Could you possibly post a screenshot of your hardware setup window, so we can see if something there may clue us in to what's going wrong?
I have finally got sometime put aside to try to attempt to hook this second 888/24 I/O this upcoming weekend. I will take a screen shot to see if I am missing something. Like I said in my previous posts its the fact that once the second interface is hooked up (with approved brand new Y cable direct digidesign) on start up the 888/24 interface "ANALOG" metering stays flashing all the way even when the desktop loads which means it remains in standalone mode. Therefore Pro Tools will not lauch. Only having 1 888/24 hooked this system has been rock solid for 8 years! Its a back up system I would dearly like to get running with full 16 ins just in case. I will keep you guys up to date

Thanks
Old 12-23-2008, 07:11 AM

A lot of trouble shooting has happened in the past couple of weeks with trying to expand this back up mix plus system of mine. If anyone is trying to expand there old mix plus systems with additional interfaces...i might be of some help. At least I will do my best. Just PM me or shoot me an email.

Thanks,
Old 12-23-2008, 01:23 PM

I always turn my interface(s) on AFTER I turn on the computer, otherwise they will go into standalone mode....
Old 12-24-2008, 06:45 AM

here's a stupid question... is the second interface connected to Mix card 1, 9-16 in Hardware setup?
Old 12-24-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FajitaTone View Post
here's a stupid question... is the second interface connected to Mix card 1, 9-16 in Hardware setup?
Yes all of that is set up
Old 12-24-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesofwire View Post
I always turn my interface(s) on AFTER I turn on the computer, otherwise they will go into standalone mode....
honestly have never tried that.... but most of all these system i have used in the past have always worked by standard digi protocol start up which is scsci first, interface 1 , then interface 2 then computer. But I will give that a shot just to see what happens. I narrowed down the issue with this particular system but like i said this is just a back up system ...