Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2018, 10:04 AM

Default Complete Plug-in Bundle renewal

I just renewed my Pro Tools upgrade plan along with my Plug-in bundle. I bought the renewal at sweetwater. Everything went well with the Pro Tools license activation but I don't see anything in my account to renew the Plug-in bundle. My plan supposedly ends today but where is the option to renew? ...and why does it say "3 days left"?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-12-04.jpg (14.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by KV626; 12-04-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Complete Plug-in Bundle renewal

Out of curiosity, did you refresh the license within the iLok Manager (the green circular arrow icon?)
Apogee Quartet, Eleven Rack, 003, Command|8, OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dual-Drive Dock, OWC Mercury Electra 480 GB 6G SSD, OWC Mercury Elite Pro 250 GB 7200 RPM HDD
Old 12-04-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV626 View Post
...I don't see anything in my account to renew the Plug-in bundle. My plan supposedly ends today...
I don't see a renewal product on Sweetwater's site, so if you bought this you would simply redeem the code when your current license expires to get a new license bundle.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
I don't see a renewal product on Sweetwater's site, so if you bought this you would simply redeem the code when your current license expires to get a new license bundle.
Oh, I see. Somehow I thought the Plugin bundle was renewable just like Pro Tools so I was looking for a renew button or something.

I just activated the new code it's all good now. Thank you!

...Now I'll just wait for Falcon to pop up in my account
Old 12-04-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobs View Post
Out of curiosity, did you refresh the license within the iLok Manager (the green circular arrow icon?)
Now that it's activated, the new bundle license was on my ilok - everything's fine
Old 12-04-2018, 11:20 AM

i renewed and activated and the new license works and all but my account page and App Man still have the expiration message so i been kinda ignoring it for a month
Old 12-30-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
I had the same issue. I followed your link, and was able to put in the activation code from my Sweetwater purchase. I thought the renewal would start at the end of my current license, but instead, my Avid Products page shows 2 separate activations ... one the expires on Jan 24 2019, and a new one just below it that expires a year from today on Dec 30 2019. It seems it ripped me off for the 24 days left in my current subscription, or am I misunderstanding that?
Old 01-05-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songster View Post
I had the same issue. I followed your link, and was able to put in the activation code from my Sweetwater purchase. I thought the renewal would start at the end of my current license, but instead, my Avid Products page shows 2 separate activations ... one the expires on Jan 24 2019, and a new one just below it that expires a year from today on Dec 30 2019. It seems it ripped me off for the 24 days left in my current subscription, or am I misunderstanding that?
The product I linked to is a new copy, not a renewal. That's why I stated "I don't see a renewal product on Sweetwater's site" and to "redeem the code when your current license expires to get a new license bundle" since the clock starts upon redemption/activation. Sorry if this was not clear enough.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:55 PM

I see the above - different date - but no way to actually renew the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle from my account itself. Is this possible or do you have to buy the ACPB from the store and then, when your renewal date comes up, activate and drop the new license on your iLok?

Thanks
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 04-08-2019, 04:26 PM

Default Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle...

I'm confused as to whether I need to renew this or not. In my account I have a countdown to the renewal of the ACPB. However, I can't renew it from my account, clicking the link goes nowhere. Also, there are two different System IDs, one for my perpetual license, which I just renewed from my account and one for the ACPB.

Using the online chat I contacted Avid and got the following responses:

Me: "I can't find a way to renew my Complete Plug-in Bundle from my Avid Account. Do I just repurchase from the Avid Store and then authorize the new license to my iLok?"

Avid: "Thank you for contacting Avid Online Store Support.

You no longer have a to manually purchase a new Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle, since this plugin bundle is already included in your Perpetual Product with System ID: ******** and will be valid and can be use as long as your Plan is active.

Hope this is clear. Let me know if I can help with anything else. Thanks!"

Me: "I just renewed my Perpetual License, but my account still says I need to renew my Complete Plug-In Bundle. It has a different renewal date. I thought the CPB was a separate purchase/renewal."

Avid: "Apologies for the confusion, but the one you're seeing with a different end date was the free plugin bundle offered last year and you no longer have to renew that as we now included the Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle as part of the features if customer's has an active plan or subscription."

Is this true, that the ACBP is now included in the Software Updates and Plan? I thought the ACPB was separated from and a separate price from the SUP in case people didn't want the plugins.

Anyone help me out here? I don't want to have my ACPB go "silent" because I didn't renew. And if it is part of the SUP, why is it still showing me a renewal message and saying the ACPB is a 1-year subscription?

Thanks.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction