Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2014, 11:28 PM

Default Adjusting the Number of CORES used setting on a PC in PT 11

Hi my PT 10 works flawlessly on my windows 7 PC in PT 10 ,

...but in P.T ver - 11 .0.2 ,

- I often get the sound dropping out and have to change th HW buffer size to restore the sound playback ???

( it doesnt matter what setting I change to , just have to do the procedure of changing it to restore sound playback ? )

In troubleshooting so far ..............,

I have optimised as per PT instuctions till the cows come home etc .

pro tools is installed on my operating drive (samsung SSD 840 pro - 500mb)

- my VI libraries , and samples are installed on this drive also , but as far as I know shouldnt cause a problem , as the samples only get loaded from there into a VI (correct me please if I am mistaken)

All recorded takes (clips) go to a 2nd harddrive 7200rpm (ie; not the operating drive where PT is installed.

Can I check to make sure that I have 2 cores selected for use in PT 11 (as per my pc) ..., and remedy if needed ?

other worries which may have been concerned , or could be causing the problem above

........, is lately my pc "occasionally" does weird things like when in typing (eg; message on a forum etc) .... , all of a sudden the font I am typing will go to a different line/location. When I notice this happen, I then have to stop typing and cut and paste the error back to its right spot , then I can carry on with the typing ???

also once about every 2 weeks my pc will freeze up with a blue screen informing me of an error perhaps from maybe programe /app etc (cant remember the exact message ) but it tells me if it happens again to do something with the bios ???
to regain use of my PC when this happens , I have to turn of the pc via the power button , and when I power up again , I get the windows did not shut down correctly message , where I will then select - start windows normally, and then carry on as per normal ???

Toshiba Qosmio X500 laptop
Windows 7 , service pack 1
i7 CPU Q840 - 1.87 ghz ,
16 Gb ram
M-Box pro
Old 03-15-2014, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Adjusting the Number of CORES used setting on a PC in PT 11

sounds like maybe you should take your computer in to see a tech.Have you checked your task manager to see if any of your cores are parked...Check ''you tube'' for windows 7 core parking video...Also post a Sandra report on this post
Old 03-15-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
Hi my PT 10 works flawlessly on my windows 7 PC in PT 10 ,

...but in P.T ver - 11 .0.2 ,

- I often get the sound dropping out and have to change th HW buffer size to restore the sound playback ???

( it doesnt matter what setting I change to , just have to do the procedure of changing it to restore sound playback ? )

In troubleshooting so far ..............,

I have optimised as per PT instuctions till the cows come home etc .

pro tools is installed on my operating drive (samsung SSD 840 pro - 500mb)

- my VI libraries , and samples are installed on this drive also , but as far as I know shouldnt cause a problem , as the samples only get loaded from there into a VI (correct me please if I am mistaken)

All recorded takes (clips) go to a 2nd harddrive 7200rpm (ie; not the operating drive where PT is installed.

Can I check to make sure that I have 2 cores selected for use in PT 11 (as per my pc) ..., and remedy if needed ?

other worries which may have been concerned , or could be causing the problem above

........, is lately my pc "occasionally" does weird things like when in typing (eg; message on a forum etc) .... , all of a sudden the font I am typing will go to a different line/location. When I notice this happen, I then have to stop typing and cut and paste the error back to its right spot , then I can carry on with the typing ???

also once about every 2 weeks my pc will freeze up with a blue screen informing me of an error perhaps from maybe programe /app etc (cant remember the exact message ) but it tells me if it happens again to do something with the bios ???
to regain use of my PC when this happens , I have to turn of the pc via the power button , and when I power up again , I get the windows did not shut down correctly message , where I will then select - start windows normally, and then carry on as per normal ???

Toshiba Qosmio X500 laptop
Windows 7 , service pack 1
i7 CPU Q840 - 1.87 ghz ,
16 Gb ram
M-Box pro
First off Toshiba historically has a lot of extra stuff running you really don't need or want to have running. Besides the Avid recommended optimizations take a look at Black Viper's site as he has a lot of optimization stuff listed other sites don't have or people don't think of. Used them when I ran a Toshiba Satellite laptop and Sonar 8.3.1

Second you can't set the number of cores/processors used in PT11. That's done automatically by the program. Best you can do is to up the latency (that's the recording latency as the playback latency is once again set by PT11 and not the end user).

Another part of the problem is the cpu you have is WAY underpowered for use with PT. You're going to need something faster and the faster the better especially with a native processing setup (no dsp).

Third: move those sample sets off the system drive. Having them there isn't helping things. No matter how fast a drive is (and ssd's are fast when properly setup) there is still only one I/O path for data and this contributes to the choking you're running into.

As to your forum problems I'm a little hazy on what you're saying. A font can't change location. Do you mean the font style itself is changing (say from Times New Roman to Arial) or the position of the cursor is changing? If the latter it's possible your mouse (if you have a mouse) is dirty and the sensor needs cleaning or if your using a touchpad integral to the laptop it's a bit too touchy and something is false triggering it. The touchpad in my old Satellite would go bonkers and I just disabled the touchpad and used a mouse.

QAPLA!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:56 PM

Not all VI's are always using the full upload to the ram. Some may still be using the option to only load the first parts of the samples and the rest being read by the drive. In any case, if you're samples (non vi's) and your audio files for your project are on that system drive, you are risking having problems.

Wave-T.com
Old 03-15-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
In any case, if you're samples (non vi's) and your audio files for your project are on that system drive, you are risking having problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
move those sample sets off the system drive. Having them there isn't helping things. No matter how fast a drive is (and ssd's are fast when properly setup) there is still only one I/O path for data and this contributes to the choking you're running into.

I better describe my situation more accurately ,

I dont have any Avid project audio files at all going to my main operating system's SSD (C: drive) which is running Pro Tools.

But ..., I do have Folders on this main operating systems SSD (C: drive) located within in the; Program Files(x86) Folder, which are folders from Toontrack , IK Multimedia, Native Instruments etc.
These folders contain sound files from the V.I installation - which was the default location when I installed Superior Drummer , Sampletank , etc -

- other that what is mentioned above , there are no other Audio to be found on the main operating system's SSD (C: drive) .

On a complete separate second HDD 720rpm called (D: drive)

.., I have my Avid project folder ..., which contains all my projects audio files.

- and also on this separate HHD (ie; D:drive) ..., is all my personal sample libraries like xpansion pack libraries , or sample packs/CDs containing Midi Files or Audio (eg;WAV,REX,ACID etc)

............, So would this scenario (described above) cause a problem ? ( ie; those files in the programFolder(x86) from Toontrack etc)

...., Or ..., should I uninstall all those Toontrack & IK Multimedia programs etc - then reinstall these V.I's , and during the re-install, " refuse their default location" for storing their samples (which is the C; drive / system drive) and instead point my browser to the separate HHD (ie; D:drive) for example ?

Quote:
First off Toshiba historically has a lot of extra stuff running you really don't need or want to have running. Besides the Avid recommended optimizations take a look at Black Viper's site as he has a lot of optimization stuff listed other sites don't have or people don't think of. Used them when I ran a Toshiba Satellite laptop and Sonar 8.3.1

Yes I have gotten rid of , Or have bypassed all non essential programs. I installed a program called "Tune up utilities 2014" which makes it easy to see ( and switch off) which programs are running and also cause high load. I also switch off the Tune up Utilitie and Norton when I run Pro Tools.

I have done many other optimizations from pro tools training videos ( which do much further than the Avid users manual)

..., Today , I performed Black Vipers optimizations . although now I am using windows classic theme instead of Aero , I had to slightly increase adjust some of the tweeks to make the font more readable as I had trouble with my crappy eyesight with the 100% performance tweak from Black viper.

Quote:
you can't set the number of cores/processors used in PT11. That's done automatically by the program.
Are you 100% sure of this ? ..., I could me mistaken , but I think I remember being asked a while back during a Pro Tools install, "to select the number of cores on my computer" ? ..., to which I think I may have mistakenly entered four cores , instead of two cores ?

Quote:
Another part of the problem is the cpu you have is WAY underpowered for use with PT. You're going to need something faster and the faster the better especially with a native processing setup (no dsp).
Correctamundo ..., This I am truly aware , and I have plans to buy a new 6 or 8 core new (late 2013) Mac Pro.

..., but as with probably most folks on this forum - Trying to justify the purchase to the wife will be one of lifes biggest hurdles,

- Wifey thinks that I had already gone overboard on my current computer , which at the time of purchase, was the most powerful laptop available at the time ..., and she believes if a computer can manage to operate facebook OK , than surely its good enough for pro tools

Quote:
As to your forum problems I'm a little hazy on what you're saying. A font can't change location. Do you mean the font style itself is changing (say from Times New Roman to Arial) or the position of the cursor is changing? If the latter it's possible your mouse (if you have a mouse) is dirty and the sensor needs cleaning or if your using a touchpad integral to the laptop it's a bit too touchy and something is false triggering it. The touchpad in my old Satellite would go bonkers and I just disabled the touchpad and used a mouse.
You could be right here , I have been using an external microsoft bluetooth mouse since october which could be causing the problems .

but , when I am typing , the mouse is not active , so maybe it could be something else .

To be more specific about the typing problem I mentioned is ; ...,

By default ..., as you type each letter , the curser moves on to the right of each letter that has just been typed (which specifies where the next typed letter/or number etc - will get located).

This always happens by default -ie; left to right until that line is full , and then drops down to begin at the next line down.

........., The typing errors I occasionally experience are ;

What occasionally happens when typing is , I will be typing a sentence, and then mid sentence - the curser will jump to a weird location to (for example) 4 lines up , in the middle of a previously typed word.
I only notice this at the end of typing a sentence, because while I am typing I need to look at the keypad , and only after I have completed typing that sentence and check on the screen , I'll go "WTF ? and notice the last half of my previously typed sentence got located to some weird random place ..., from here I will have to retrieve it by cut and paste (back to where it should have went) before I can continue on with my typing

Sandra report ...,

SiSoftware Sandra

ID
Host Name : SNOW-PC1
Workgroup : WORKGROUP

Computer
Model : Toshiba Qosmio X500
Serial Number : XA32*****
Chassis : Toshiba Notebook
Mainboard : Toshiba Qosmio X500
Serial Number : XA32*****
BIOS : Toshiba V2.90 12/10/2010
Total Memory : 16GB DDR3 SO-DIMM

Processors
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 840 @ 1.87GHz (4C 8T 2GHz/3.19GHz, 2GHz IMC, 4x 256kB L2, 8MB L3)
Socket/Slot : FC PGA988

Chipset
Memory Controller : Toshiba Core (Clarksfield/Lynnfield) DMI 2x 2.4GHz (4.79GHz)
Memory Controller : Intel Core Mobile (Clarksfield) UnCore 2x 2.4GHz (4.79GHz), 2x 8GB DDR3 SO-DIMM 1.33GHz 128-bit

Memory Module(s)
Memory Module : Kingston 99U5428-068A00LF 8GB DDR3 SO-DIMM PC3-10700S DDR3-1334 (9-9-9-25 4-34-10-5)
Memory Module : Kingston 99U5428-068A00LF 8GB DDR3 SO-DIMM PC3-10700S DDR3-1334 (9-9-9-25 4-34-10-5)

Video System
Monitor/Panel : Samsung Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080, LTN184HT04T01, 25.0")
Video Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (4CU 192SP SM5.0 1.35GHz, 384kB L2, 1.5GB 2.5GHz 192-bit, PCIe 2.00 x16)

Graphics Processor
OpenCL GP Processor : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (192SP 4C 1.35GHz, 384kB L2, 1.5GB 2.5GHz 192-bit)
Compute Shader Processor : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (192SP 4C 1.35GHz, 384kB L2, 1.5GB 2.5GHz 192-bit)
CUDA GP Processor : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (192SP 4C 1.35GHz, 384kB L2, 1.5GB 2.5GHz 192-bit)

Storage Devices
Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (512.1GB, SATA600, SSD) : 477GB (C:) (F:) (H:)
HGST HTS721010A9E630 (1TB, SATA600, 2.5", 7200rpm, 32MB Cache) : 932GB (D:)
Seagate ST4000DM000-1F2168 (4TB, USB2/SATA600, 3.5", 5900rpm) : 4TB (L:)
LaCie Rugged USB3-FW (1TB, USB2/SATA300, 15MB Cache) : 932GB (I:)
ZTE USB Storage FFF1 (USB1) : N/A (K:)
MAT[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ABD-MLT UJ240ES (SATA150, BD-RE, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache) : N/A (E:)

Logical Storage Devices
Data (H:) : 400MB (NTFS) @ Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (512.1GB, SATA600, SSD)
2nd Drive (D:) : 932GB (NTFS) @ HGST HTS721010A9E630 (1TB, SATA600, 2.5", 7200rpm, 32MB Cache)
4TB Ext HD (L:) : 4TB (NTFS) @ Seagate ST4000DM000-1F2168 (4TB, USB2/SATA600, 3.5", 5900rpm)
LaCie (I:) : 932GB (NTFS) @ LaCie Rugged USB3-FW (1TB, USB2/SATA300, 15MB Cache)
Data (F:) : 800MB (NTFS) @ Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (512.1GB, SATA600, SSD)
C Drive (C:) : 429GB (NTFS) @ Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (512.1GB, SATA600, SSD)
Removable Drive (K:) : N/A @ ZTE USB Storage FFF1 (USB1)
Optical Drive (E:) : N/A @ MAT[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ABD-MLT UJ240ES (SATA150, BD-RE, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache)

Peripherals
LPC Hub Controller 1 : Toshiba PM55 LPC Interface Controller
LPC Legacy Controller 1 : Winbond WPCE775LA
Audio Device : Toshiba P55/PM55/3400 High Definition Audio
Audio Codec : Conexant 5067
Audio Device : Toshiba GF106 High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Codec : nVidia 0011
Serial Port(s) : 4
Disk Controller : Toshiba P55/PM55/3400 6 port SATA AHCI Controller
Disk Controller : Toshiba O2Micro Integrated MMC/SD controller
Disk Controller : Toshiba O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO/xD Controller
USB Controller 1 : Toshiba P55/PM55/3400 USB2 Enhanced Host Controller
USB Controller 2 : Toshiba P55/PM55/3400 USB2 Enhanced Host Controller
FireWire/1394 Controller 1 : Toshiba 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller
SMBus/i2c Controller 1 : Intel ICH SMBus

Printers and Faxes
Printer : Microsoft XPS Document Writer (600x600, Colour)
Fax : Microsoft Shared Fax Driver (200x200)
Printer : Canon MX350 series Printer XPS (USB, Colour)
Printer : Canon MX350 series Printer (USB, Colour)
Printer : Canon MX350 series FAX (200x200, USB)

Peripherals

Network Services
Network Adapter : Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20) (Ethernet)
Wireless Adapter : Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

Power Management
Battery No 1 : SANYO NS2P3SZNJ4WO 95.30Wh/8.00Ah

Operating System
Windows System : Microsoft Windows 7 Home 6.01.7601 (Service Pack 1)
Platform Compliance : x64

Windows Experience Index
Current System : 6.4

...thanks everyone , all your help is sincerely appreciated . :)

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 03-16-2014 at 12:45 AM. Reason: added Sandra report and black viper optimization updates
Old 03-15-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
sounds like maybe you should take your computer in to see a tech.Have you checked your task manager to see if any of your cores are parked...Check ''you tube'' for windows 7 core parking video...Also post a Sandra report on this post
I have checked those vids you recommended ( golden info , thanks heaps ) and after watching the vids and doing the checks I found that ....,

I had CPU - #1, #3, #7 Parked

I followed the steps to remove the Parked status from #1,#3 ,#7., . and restarted my PC ,
after restarting ( which seemed to be faster than before) ..., I again performed the task manager checks from the vid , to find the parked status had been successfully removed :)

I have posted the Sandra report.

Re; the tech .., I'm skeptical to take to a tech here in Bali Indonesia , as ive heard too many horror stories of techs downloading all your info , and also swapping the good parts off your computer and replacing then with crap

(I could show them copies of all the Sandra reports though , so they know that "I Know" whats inside the PC , and tell them I will be checking after the job ) sometimes they don't know anymore than you do and can even destroy your PC , then offer to charge you to fix their f#ck up

..., but even when all well ..., that wont stop them downloading all the other contents of my PC though

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 03-15-2014 at 11:31 PM. Reason: added unparking of my CPU info
Old 03-16-2014, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
I better describe my situation more accurately ,

I dont have any Avid project audio files at all going to my main operating system's SSD (C: drive) which is running Pro Tools.

But ..., I do have Folders on this main operating systems SSD (C: drive) located within in the; Program Files(x86) Folder, which are folders from Toontrack , IK Multimedia, Native Instruments etc.
These folders contain sound files from the V.I installation - which was the default location when I installed Superior Drummer , Sampletank , etc -

- other that what is mentioned above , there are no other Audio to be found on the main operating system's SSD (C: drive) .

On a complete separate second HDD 720rpm called (D: drive)

.., I have my Avid project folder ..., which contains all my projects audio files.

- and also on this separate HHD (ie; D:drive) ..., is all my personal sample libraries like xpansion pack libraries , or sample packs/CDs containing Midi Files or Audio (eg;WAV,REX,ACID etc)

............, So would this scenario (described above) cause a problem ? ( ie; those files in the programFolder(x86) from Toontrack etc)

...., Or ..., should I uninstall all those Toontrack & IK Multimedia programs etc - then reinstall these V.I's , and during the re-install, " refuse their default location" for storing their samples (which is the C; drive / system drive) and instead point my browser to the separate HHD (ie; D:drive) for example ?

Yes I have gotten rid of , Or have bypassed all non essential programs. I installed a program called "Tune up utilities 2014" which makes it easy to see ( and switch off) which programs are running and also cause high load. I also switch off the Tune up Utilitie and Norton when I run Pro Tools.

I have done many other optimizations from pro tools training videos ( which do much further than the Avid users manual)

..., Today , I performed Black Vipers optimizations . although now I am using windows classic theme instead of Aero , I had to slightly increase adjust some of the tweeks to make the font more readable as I had trouble with my crappy eyesight with the 100% performance tweak from Black viper.

Are you 100% sure of this ? ..., I could me mistaken , but I think I remember being asked a while back during a Pro Tools install, "to select the number of cores on my computer" ? ..., to which I think I may have mistakenly entered four cores , instead of two cores ?

Correctamundo ..., This I am truly aware , and I have plans to buy a new 6 or 8 core new (late 2013) Mac Pro.

..., but as with probably most folks on this forum - Trying to justify the purchase to the wife will be one of lifes biggest hurdles,

- Wifey thinks that I had already gone overboard on my current computer , which at the time of purchase, was the most powerful laptop available at the time ..., and she believes if a computer can manage to operate facebook OK , than surely its good enough for pro tools

You could be right here , I have been using an external microsoft bluetooth mouse since october which could be causing the problems .

but , when I am typing , the mouse is not active , so maybe it could be something else .

To be more specific about the typing problem I mentioned is ; ...,

By default ..., as you type each letter , the curser moves on to the right of each letter that has just been typed (which specifies where the next typed letter/or number etc - will get located).

This always happens by default -ie; left to right until that line is full , and then drops down to begin at the next line down.

........., The typing errors I occasionally experience are ;

What occasionally happens when typing is , I will be typing a sentence, and then mid sentence - the curser will jump to a weird location to (for example) 4 lines up , in the middle of a previously typed word.
I only notice this at the end of typing a sentence, because while I am typing I need to look at the keypad , and only after I have completed typing that sentence and check on the screen , I'll go "WTF ? and notice the last half of my previously typed sentence got located to some weird random place ..., from here I will have to retrieve it by cut and paste (back to where it should have went) before I can continue on with my typing
Understood you don't have any PT session audio but you still have the sample data files from your vi's on the system drive and THAT'S what you need to move off the system drive to another drive. What you DO want to install on the system drive is the vi itself - say the Toontrack vi you're using the plugin itself would go on the system drive but the sample library would go to a separate drive. You never want to install a program/plugin itself on anything other than your system drive. Most installers that are for sampler type programs allow you to either on install or afterwards place the sample data wherever you want.

As to selecting the number of cores on install - that's never been with PT10 or PT11. You do that in PT preferences but not in PT11 because as I said the program does that automatically for you. You must be thinking of another program. PT will ask on install what basic kind of audio setup you're running (HDX versus something like an 11 Rack or non-Avid interface) but you don't specify what particular interface you are using.

As to your cursor jumping - it doesn't matter whether you're using the mouse or not - it's still active even when sitting there and your hand is not on it. And a wireless mouse is periodically sending out handshake signals to the receiver in the computer and depending on how sensitive you have certain mouse parameters set in your system software it can give problems like you're talking about. Have you disabled the touchpad on your laptop? You must do that or it WILL cause issues (sometimes intermittent) with an external mouse. As I said earlier I had to do that on my old Satellite laptop.

You're just going to have to get another machine. You can always let the wife have this one so she can do as she pleases and you can have one to do so as well.

QAPLA!
Old 03-16-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Understood you don't have any PT session audio but you still have the sample data files from your vi's on the system drive and THAT'S what you need to move off the system drive to another drive. What you DO want to install on the system drive is the vi itself - say the Toontrack vi you're using the plugin itself would go on the system drive but the sample library would go to a separate drive. You never want to install a program/plugin itself on anything other than your system drive. Most installers that are for sampler type programs allow you to either on install or afterwards place the sample data wherever you want.

As to selecting the number of cores on install - that's never been with PT10 or PT11. You do that in PT preferences but not in PT11 because as I said the program does that automatically for you. You must be thinking of another program. PT will ask on install what basic kind of audio setup you're running (HDX versus something like an 11 Rack or non-Avid interface) but you don't specify what particular interface you are using.

As to your cursor jumping - it doesn't matter whether you're using the mouse or not - it's still active even when sitting there and your hand is not on it. And a wireless mouse is periodically sending out handshake signals to the receiver in the computer and depending on how sensitive you have certain mouse parameters set in your system software it can give problems like you're talking about. Have you disabled the touchpad on your laptop? You must do that or it WILL cause issues (sometimes intermittent) with an external mouse. As I said earlier I had to do that on my old Satellite laptop.

You're just going to have to get another machine. You can always let the wife have this one so she can do as she pleases and you can have one to do so as well.
Thanks Heaps Jack , thats golden advice there , thank you for clearing that up for me

..., I will move all those VI files like you suggested , and re; the mouse , I didnt have the touchpad disabled , but Just disabled it now - cheers
PS - mt interface is an MBox pro.

And yes , I do know about needing a new machine ..., I hope its sooner rather than later
Old 03-16-2014, 07:35 PM

I kinda wonder about your drives.But I let the other guys check your Sandra
because I'm not really sure how to read it..Glad you found your cores parked and I hope that helps
Old 03-16-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
I kinda wonder about your drives.But I let the other guys check your Sandra
because I'm not really sure how to read it..Glad you found your cores parked and I hope that helps
I have two internal Drives on my laptop. Referring to the sandra report , these internal drives are;

- C:drive (SSD) - Main Operating Systems drive.
- D:drive (HDD) - 7200Rpm (secondary drive)

all other drives shown in the sandra report , are external HDD drives, used for various storage and back ups .

- contains Only Windows , various programs , plug installs , pro tools install (but NOT my P.T Sessions folder)

- D:drive (HDD) - 7200Rpm (secondary drive)
Contains my ; Pro tools sessions folder, loops and samples , my Documents , etc etc

Regarding my Virtual Instruments (That were previously on C:drive SSD) .................,

I am currently in the process of uninstalling every V.I completely off my C:drive(SSD) ie; My main Operating Systems drive,

...., and while doing so I have checked all internal folders for reminiscence of related V.I folders in withing my C:drive (SSD) - Main Operating Systems drive ..., as I want a clean slate .

I will then soon "re-install" all V.I's to their default locations, which will still be C:drive (SSD) - Main Operating Systems drive,

... BUT ..., during the V.I installs ,

- I will pay careful attention to install ALL associated sound libraries for these V.I's Only to my - D:drive (HDD) - 7200Rpm (secondary drive)
..., to which I will create a new folder called V.I

When this is completed ( by the end of today ) .......................,

....., will not contain any Audio or V.I sound libraries which could conflict with Pro Tools. The only contents will be Data for software to run .

Hopefully I will have this sorted by a day or two , and see how this goes

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 03-16-2014 at 08:47 PM. Reason: typo