Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 03-15-2013, 01:30 PM

Default Mackie Control Universal Pro/Extender with Pro tools 10 Issues.

Hi There. I have a mackie control universal and the Extender unit connected to a mac using Pro tools and I am having some issues. I 'd like to discuss them with other MAckie CUP users !

Basically, the Assign button in the view window, to define different functions to the V-Pots, ONLY works in the Main Control unit and not in the Extender. Is this a normal thing with Pro tools?? As I've tried it with logic and works ok in both units.

This is quite annoying as the extension unit losses some important functions.

I am finding the Whole Mackie control a very nice mixing surface but not very pro tools friendly.

Any experience about this!!??

Thank you,

Regards

Toni

I forgot to mention... Does anyone knows where I can get the Pro tools Overlay?? I live in London and can't seem to find it ! ") Thank u!!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Mackie Control Universal Pro/Extender with Pro tools 10 Issues.

Hello,

I also I have the Mackie and am having some problems ... may not go directly related to your topic ... but I would like to know what steps you made to synchronize with PT10, because there's no way you can use it to full

In reference to the post, I have also curious to know what's wrong because I want to buy the extension of the mackie ...

thanks
Old 07-31-2013, 08:46 AM

The Lexan overlays for Mackie Control is available (kind of expensive though, $20 total) through Mackie: http://www.mackie.com/products/mcu/mcu_overlay.html . But didn't one come with your unit?
Old 07-31-2013, 06:07 PM

http://www.mackie.com/Products/McuPr...ools_10_11.pdf

the overlays are kinda hard to find but if you want just learn that pdf by heart. I couldnt find pt overlay i just found this studied it a bit and memorized the buttons
Old 08-01-2013, 08:28 AM

Thanks, Dot, I didn't find that on their site!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:25 PM

I just got A MCUpro it is older, v2.1, but works well, and doesn't seem to have much use on it. Anyhow, Sweetwater has the overlays, if you still want one. I have just made labels out of sticker sheets until my overlay gets here.

I want to make the Extender on the left side of the main unit, but I havn't figured out how to get the faders to switch to track 1 on the extender, and track 9 on the main control.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:27 PM

Start here in the manual...

Using a MIDI Control Surface
with Pro Tools

When you start configuring...on the Midi Controllers tab on the Peripherals dialog, the expander will go in Slot #1, with the main unit in Slot #2...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh