Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 08-16-2019, 11:58 PM

Default Software component unavailable - Ilok

Hi all,
I know this has been discussed before however I haven't been able to resolve this problem on my mac. My Pro tools Ultimate perpetual licence is on the cloud. Unfortunately the ilok manager only has the cloud feature recently and for some reason my computer won't allow me to upgrade to the newer versions of ilok license manager. Everything was working beautifully two days ago now I can't access ilm or pro tools. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling plus numerous other tricks but nothing helps. If anyone's had success with this issue please let me know as it's getting extremely frustrating.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Software component unavailable - Ilok

The only thing you don't have in your system rundown in your profile is what OSX you are running. You really should have that in there. Sounds like maybe OSX Gatekeeper is keeping you from installing the new ILM s/w. Follow this article to turn Gatekeeper off: https://www.wikihow.com/Install-Soft...opers-on-a-Mac

QAPLA!
Old 08-17-2019, 04:00 AM

Yep, and welcome to the community!
Old 08-17-2019, 07:58 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies and apologies for not adding the OSX 10.13.6

I've had a look at the security settings and tried again and still won't play with me. It will load the legacy version but not the new one. Any other thoughts will be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Lynne.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickaboom View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies and apologies for not adding the OSX 10.13.6

I've had a look at the security settings and tried again and still won't play with me. It will load the legacy version but not the new one. Any other thoughts will be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Lynne.
You visited the site I linked to, turned off Gatekeeper and still can't install the current version of the ILM s/w? Try rebooting after turning off Gatekeeper. Are you running as admin? What exact message comes up on screen when trying to install the new ILM s/w? Can you give us a screenshot of it? Not aware of an ILM version that only has the cloud and not also a physical feature/usage.

You do have a physical iLok2 (or 3)? You want to move your license asset to a physical iLok?

QAPLA!
Old 08-18-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
...my computer won't allow me to upgrade to the newer versions of ilok license manager ... I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling plus numerous other tricks but nothing helps....
If you haven’t already, use the Uninstaller included with the Mac License Support installer, to completely remove your initial installation, before updating iLok License Manager
Old 08-21-2019, 10:31 PM

Hi all,

I have chased up all the suggestions made plus looked through everything I can on the web. I'm completely stumped. I can download old versions of the ILM but not the new one. Any other ideas? Please help if you have heard of this problem on Mac.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Hi all,

I have chased up all the suggestions made plus looked through everything I can on the web. I'm completely stumped. I can download old versions of the ILM but not the new one. Any other ideas? Please help if you have heard of this problem on Mac.
How are you trying to download the newer versions of the iLM s/w? From the iLok site or through ILM itself? If from the site try another browser.

I'm confused: now you're saying you can't download the new ILM s/w and earlier if I read you correctly you said you couldn't install it. Which is it?

Have you turned off Gatekeeper according to the article I linked to?

Are you running as admin?

QAPLA!