Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2013, 10:24 AM

Default Some Pro Tools 10 sessions will not open in PT11.

Fresh install of PT11.0.2 and PT10.3.7 on Mac OSX 10.8.5.

I7-3770K
P8Z77-LK (1155)
XMS3- 8GB
Crucial M4-(OS and Programs)
WD Blue 500gb, 7200rpm (Sample Libraries)
Internal HD4000 Graphics

Some of my sessions open perfectly fine in 11 and in 10. Other sessions open fine in 10 and then WILL NOT open in 11. I have no idea whats going on. I'm sure the files aren't corrupted, I tried backup files and the originals. Anybody got any insight? Thanks!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Some Pro Tools 10 sessions will not open in PT11.

The first step in situations like this is to make a new session and use import session data to bring in all your tracks. Effectively rebuilding the affected sessions.

This will eliminate session file corruption as a culprit.

Start there.

You can also open sessions with all plugs deactivated by Shift Clicking (i think, might be command) the Open button in the Open Session dialog.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
The first step in situations like this is to make a new session and use import session data to bring in all your tracks. Effectively rebuilding the affected sessions.

This will eliminate session file corruption as a culprit.

Start there.

You can also open sessions with all plugs deactivated by Shift Clicking (i think, might be command) the Open button in the Open Session dialog.
Wow Drew, thank you for the prompt tailored reply! I have yet to use the "Import Session Data" feature, will definitely try that when I'm home. Also thanks for the Shift click tip!

Also, if I take an old session and "Import session data", will I have the option to select all the bounced files and audio files to be moved into new folders and follow the new .ptx file to it's new home?
Old 10-13-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachMusicProductions View Post
Wow Drew, thank you for the prompt tailored reply! I have yet to use the "Import Session Data" feature, will definitely try that when I'm home. Also thanks for the Shift click tip!

Also, if I take an old session and "Import session data", will I have the option to select all the bounced files and audio files to be moved into new folders and follow the new .ptx file to it's new home?
Sure, you can choose to copy the audio and it will bring it all into the new session's folder.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.