How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 08-10-2013, 01:36 PM

Default ?wondering on 64bit older machine

Good day everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Requirements I've read, but I was wondering if anyone ventured to try to run 11 on a not approved Imac like mine that is 64bit?

If so what kind of success?, (just wondering)

Will be a while for me before I can buy a newer machine, but for I been happy with PT9.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:44 PM

Default Re: ?wondering on 64bit older machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
Good day everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Requirements I've read, but I was wondering if anyone ventured to try to run 11 on a not approved Imac like mine that is 64bit?

If so what kind of success?, (just wondering)

Will be a while for me before I can buy a newer machine, but for I been happy with PT9.
Hey Basslik

I think PT11 NEEDS to be on 10.8.0 and up and preferably 10.8.4 and egarding the CPU @ duo I don't think it will matter much unless you are planning on using lots of PI's and VI's. However, The RAM is 6GB and should be atleast 8 GB if not more. Why not try the Demo/Trial version of PT11 which is also the latest 11.0.1 and see what your computer says about the DAW

I would atleast try with the Trial version and see for myself before springing for the paid version. The Trial is a Full Program aswell so yu get all the goodies

The DiGi 003 works great as reported on the forum so it "Should run OK" on your Mac but the worry I have is that you don't have ML installed, Just try and see what gives. Don't forget that you need to install the AIR Instruments aswell as PT11 is a separate installer. One is 867 MB (DAW) and the VI & PI installer is like 2.6-2.7GB download size.

http://www.avid.com/Trial/ProTools

Others has been running PT11 on 10.6.8 and obviously got it to play but how nice has yet to be determined

Here is a link to the Trial Downloads. You have 30 days and you MUST have a ILOK 2 (The New Blue Rectangular Shaped One) to be able to use PT11 so you know beforehand and not trying to put it on the iLok1 as it won't recognize PT11.

All the best
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-10-2013, 10:43 PM

Default Re: ?wondering on 64bit older machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hey Basslik

I think PT11 NEEDS to be on 10.8.0 and up and preferably 10.8.4 and egarding the CPU @ duo I don't think it will matter much unless you are planning on using lots of PI's and VI's. However, The RAM is 6GB and should be atleast 8 GB if not more. Why not try the Demo/Trial version of PT11 which is also the latest 11.0.1 and see what your computer says about the DAW

I would at least try with the Trial version and see for myself before springing for the paid version. The Trial is a Full Program aswell so yu get all the goodies

The DiGi 003 works great as reported on the forum so it "Should run OK" on your Mac but the worry I have is that you don't have ML installed, Just try and see what gives. Don't forget that you need to install the AIR Instruments as well as PT11 is a separate installer. One is 867 MB (DAW) and the VI & PI installer is like 2.6-2.7GB download size.

http://www.avid.com/Trial/ProTools

Others has been running PT11 on 10.6.8 and obviously got it to play but how nice has yet to be determined

Here is a link to the Trial Downloads. You have 30 days and you MUST have a ILOK 2 (The New Blue Rectangular Shaped One) to be able to use PT11 so you know beforehand and not trying to put it on the iLok1 as it won't recognize PT11.

All the best
Chris
I did purchase Lion, but never installed / and I will purchase ML too and give it a whirl, won't hurt, also need to get the Ilok2, Will be interesting, thanks again and have a great weekend Chris