Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2010, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Mixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadarchitect View Post
So don't stop till you have something beautiful that is a true representation of what you are hearing in your head. Anything short of that is giving up.
I agree. Another question to ask yourself then is can you live with knowing you could've made it better? Knowing there was a problem but ignoring it because the majority of listeners wouldn't hear it? I personally couldn't live with that.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:34 PM

Unless you are in a room designed as a studio you are going to have a bumpy room response with trouble at the low end and you'll probably be monitoring on a single pair of "almost pro" monitors.
Lots of great advice here.
I would just add that listening to great pro. mixes in you mix position and then in all the other places you normally listem to music will help you calibrate your ears so your mixes sound good on anything from ipod earbuds to top end systems. It's got to sound good on a stock car system.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan177 View Post
I agree. Another question to ask yourself then is can you live with knowing you could've made it better? Knowing there was a problem but ignoring it because the majority of listeners wouldn't hear it? I personally couldn't live with that.

I used to procrastinate teribly over my mixes and compositions spending hours moving a snare a tiny amount one way then back the other way.

As time has progressed I have become less fussy. The snare is where the snare is!

A:)