Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2006, 03:46 PM

Default FB strange behavior

I recently switched to MacPro (2.0, 2GB RAM, 10.4.8) and upgraded to HD3 Accel, swapped my ProControl for Icon D-Control. That's good news.
Bad news is that I have a problem with FilterBank now. I've used this EQ and filters since they appeared and never had any problem.
Here's the description:
mid-sized session (70 tracks, several sub-paths, several Aux inputs, DMU insert)
DV video track playing out firewire, Canopus ADVC 110
Filterbank F2 on every Dialog track.
When there is an overload on either input or output of FB (really hot recording, everybody's yelling all the time) and I happen to tweak the F2 at that moment, the system freezes, then continues to execute last commands, frame by frame, in 10-15 sec intervals. This lasts for several munutes, then finally crashes the system.
If I force quit and try to restart ProTools - nada, the system freezes and needs to be restarted.
My first suspect was a Sony Oxford EQ (UB)beta, but removing it from the folder didn't make any difference.
When I removed FB from the session and from the plugins folder, the problem dissapeared. I reported to McDSP, expecting their reply.
Anyone else?
Thanks in advance
Branko
Old 11-26-2006, 04:23 PM

Default Re: FB strange behavior

hi branko!

are you a massive pack 3 or 4 owner?

i am, and i notice that the GUI goes wonky and sticky on me.

from their site:

Quote:
Massive Pack 3 & 4 Owners
Please Note: These updated product installers WILL NOT work with Massive Pack Authorizations. Massive Pack authorizations must first be upgraded to HD before you install the updates below. Current Massive Pack versions are not compatible with Intel based Macs.
perhaps it is a version issue?
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash
Old 11-26-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: FB strange behavior

No, Minister, it is a Massive pack 1, and it is the only version that works in IntelMac. A lot of plugins are releasing their first Universal Binary versions, and it is highly probable that there will be some bugs.
Further, I always used FBs on mono channels only, as their stereo versions have some problems in LR linking. The display refresh and curve display is a nother problem, but I always liked the sound and ease of use of this EQ.
Branko