Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2013, 02:58 PM

Default 11R won't stop monitoring in PT11, armed tracks or not.

Hey there,

So I have found that once you have any track with an input set to Eleven Rack for the input it will not stop monitoring. Armed tracks with make it double monitor. Input Only on/off makes no difference. This is weird. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Eric

Eric
Old 11-10-2013, 03:12 PM

Toggle track>input only /Auto input monitoring. Is that it?

edit: now I see you tried that.

What PT edition/version?

What tracks are assigned to what inputs on the Eleven Rack (guitar in, digital in, line in, mic in, rig output, etc.)? Attach a screenshot of the mix window showing the all the track IO assignments.

The playback engine is set to Eleven Rack? (Yes seriously check). Any use of busses etc. In the session? OS details etc.

If you create a new Pro Tools session from one of the Eleven Rack templates do things seem to work as expected in it?

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 11-10-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:50 PM

Default Re: 11R won't stop monitoring in PT11, armed tracks or not.

I've had this happen before.

Close down Pro Tools, turn off the PC and Eleven Rack.

Then restart everything and re-open your session and all should be well.

If not, uninstall and re-install the driver.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-11-2013, 07:19 AM

Thanks guys. It happens in any session, even a blank session before any tracks are added. It's just coming through the left channel until I add a track with the Eleven Rack set as input. Once that track is armed it's panable.

Here are the steps I have taken to no avail:
• Reset i/o and made sure it's correctly listed as playback as well
• I deleted all prefs for PT
• I reset the 11r to factory
• I uninstalled the 11R driver, shut everything down, rebooted and reinstalled the driver

At this point I'm just frustrated. I can't track this way. Next step is to wipe system and go back to Windows 7 to see if that makes a difference. After that I have to assume it's PT11 if W7 doesn't solve it.

Benoni, did you only have this happen after going to W8?

Thanks again guys.

Eric

Eric
Old 11-11-2013, 11:50 AM

What do you mean reset to factory? a front panel user options memory reset?

It would be good to check if this problem is isolated to the computer, DAW or Eleven Rack. Do you have another computer to test the Eleven Rack with? Do you have access to another Eleven Rack to test with?

Do you have Pro Tools 10 co-installed to test with? can you install it?

I would be trying to reinstall Pro Tools and other troubleshooting steps before going to an OS install.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecalcagnino View Post
Thanks guys. It happens in any session, even a blank session before any tracks are added. It's just coming through the left channel until I add a track with the Eleven Rack set as input. Once that track is armed it's panable.

Here are the steps I have taken to no avail:
• Reset i/o and made sure it's correctly listed as playback as well
• I deleted all prefs for PT
• I reset the 11r to factory
• I uninstalled the 11R driver, shut everything down, rebooted and reinstalled the driver

At this point I'm just frustrated. I can't track this way. Next step is to wipe system and go back to Windows 7 to see if that makes a difference. After that I have to assume it's PT11 if W7 doesn't solve it.

Benoni, did you only have this happen after going to W8?

Thanks again guys.

Eric
Yeah, this only happened one time for me on Windows 8. I was in the middle of a session, everything had been going fine. Then I went to record another guitar part and it would not stop monitoring, even after unarming the track.

IIRC, all I had to do was re-start Pro Tools.

You may want to check out your Device Manager, select View>Show Hidden Items

Then in your Sound Devices see if you have multiple entries for Avid Eleven Rack. If you do.... I would first power OFF the 11R. Then uninstall the 11R Driver from Programs and Features. Then head back to Device Manager, make sure you are showing hidden item, and right click and uninstall any remaining 11R driver entries.

After that, restart, go back to device manager (11R should still be OFF) show hidden items, and confirm you are clear of any Avid 11R Drivers, if you are clear (I would then run Ccleaner, but you don't really have to, its something I like to do) reinstall the 1.1.6 11R driver (leave the 11R off)

After the driver is installed, shut down the PC.

Now, turn ON the 11R and then power ON the PC.

Check Device Manager and make sure you are only showing one Avid Eleven Rack entry. If so, launch PT11.

You may need to default the IO, but you should be all good to go.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-11-2013, 01:44 PM

Ok, I was able to replicate then "fix" it I think.

Nothing I was doing was working. PT 10 was fine with the 11R running as a co-install so the problem was isolated to PT 11. Nothing I did made one bit of difference so I reinstalled PT 11. No difference.

I wanted to go back to Windows 7 anyway so I wiped and did a clean install of W7Pro, installed all the updates and drivers with nothing else connected. Installed iLok, Eleven Rack and then PT 11 only. Open a blank session, same issue. Open an 11R template same issue.

Then I clicked on Low Latency Monitoring again while fiddling around. No change UNTIL I turned off. The 11R stopped monitoring?! SO I clicked it on and off again a few more times with an armed track and without, also with it recording and at idle. It works now. WTF. It's almost like it was stuck or something.

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I'm quite pleased and not at all suicidal anymore.

Anyone else have this issue? Please give that a shot. I hope it doesn't come up again. Thanks for your help and suggestions guys.

Eric

Eric
Old 11-11-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Ok, I was able to replicate then "fix" it I think.

Nothing I was doing was working. PT 10 was fine with the 11R running as a co-install so the problem was isolated to PT 11. Nothing I did made one bit of difference so I reinstalled PT 11. No difference.

I wanted to go back to Windows 7 anyway so I wiped and did a clean install of W7Pro, installed all the updates and drivers with nothing else connected. Installed iLok, Eleven Rack and then PT 11 only. Open a blank session, same issue. Open an 11R template same issue.

Then I clicked on Low Latency Monitoring again while fiddling around. No change UNTIL I turned off. The 11R stopped monitoring?! SO I clicked it on and off again a few more times with an armed track and without, also with it recording and at idle. It works now. WTF. It's almost like it was stuck or something.

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I'm quite pleased and not at all suicidal anymore.

Anyone else have this issue? Please give that a shot. I hope it doesn't come up again. Thanks for your help and suggestions guys.

Eric
It is only present with PT 11 and it can be quite frustrating.

I still see this as a bug, but i believe the resolve is,
Setup>Midi>Input Devices>
Uncheck Eleven rack, DO NOT uncheck the Eleven rack [emulated]

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-12-2013, 06:50 AM

I actually had it set up like this while all this was happening. After a reinstall I didn't have the [Emulated] version listed at all anymore so I'm not sure that this is a fix for this particular issue. It may fix a particular reason that this happens, but it didn't affect mine.

Thanks!

Eric

Eric
Old 11-12-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I actually had it set up like this while all this was happening. After a reinstall I didn't have the [Emulated] version listed at all anymore so I'm not sure that this is a fix for this particular issue. It may fix a particular reason that this happens, but it didn't affect mine.

Thanks!

Eric
Interesting. Glad you found a resolve!!!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10