Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2017, 09:50 PM

Default S6 support plan pricing?

Considering moving from my d-command to an 8 fader M10 S6, but in addition to the significant upgrade costs, I understand there's also a required support plan, even just to get software updates. Is this, in fact, the case? If it is, can someone who knows point me toward the details of this plan so I can figure that into the costs of doing the upgrade?
Old 08-10-2017, 05:58 AM

Default Re: S6 support plan pricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoney View Post
Considering moving from my d-command to an 8 fader M10 S6, but in addition to the significant upgrade costs, I understand there's also a required support plan, even just to get software updates. Is this, in fact, the case? If it is, can someone who knows point me toward the details of this plan so I can figure that into the costs of doing the upgrade?
You are correct...
Get your dealer to get the prices for you, it's not cheap, but not overly expensive... There are a few different support plans you can get, and I guess your Avid dealer knows about them.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Avid

Default Re: S6 support plan pricing?

I did private message the cost after the first free year runs out, but incase others are interested the Software only for a M10 MSRP is $349. This will give you free software for a year. Typically 2 major feature releases and 1 minor depending on whether its needed.