Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 11-25-2009, 11:16 AM

Default pro tools m-powered essential on snow leopard

HELP!
i have recently purchased the fast-track interface from m-audio, this comes with pro tools m-powered essential 8.02... i have got the interface working great, all ready done some recording in garage band, so no problems there. i am currently running os x 10.6.2 (snow leopard) and obviously the version 8.02 wont run on snow leopard, so ok, o an update. great. ive downloaded the pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3pr Updater for Snow Leopard (Prerelease). so here i am with some broken software and an update for it, only thing is i cant update the software because the updater says i dont have a version of pro tools m-powered installed.

so im basically looking for some help on how to install pro tools essential 8.02 (with or without an update) on to snow leopard os x 10.6.2

would greatly appreciate any help, many thanks
jake greenwood
Old 11-26-2009, 04:14 PM

Default Re: pro tools m-powered essential on snow leopard

i'm having exactly the same issue. any help greatly appreciated
Old 11-30-2009, 02:42 PM

Unhappy Re: pro tools m-powered essential on snow leopard

the only way i can think of doing it is down-grading back to leopard... nore do i know how to or want to do this... so frustrating
Old 12-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Avid

Just wanted to clarify that Pro Tools Essential is not compatible with Snow Leopard yet.

And keep in mind there's a difference between Pro Tools M-Powered Essential and the standard Pro Tools M-Powered. Essential is a scaled down version of M-Powered.

From the Pro Tools 8.0.3pr Snow Leopard Prerelease details page:
Quote:
Additional Information

Q: The last Pro Tools software update was version 8.0.1 but the prerelease is labeled 8.0.3. What happened to version 8.0.2?
A: Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8.0.2 is a new software version specifically made for bundles with certain M-Audio hardware [ more info ]. Like Pro Tools 8.0.1, Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8.0.2 has not been qualified with OS X 10.6.

Q: Will the final Pro Tools 8.0.3 release be free or a paid upgrade?
A: Pro Tools 8.0.3 will be a free update for all registered Pro Tools 8.0 HD, LE, M-Powered, and M-Powered Essential users.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:40 AM

ok then, on the linked page you sent, i had all ready downloaded the 'Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3pr Updater for Snow Leopard (Prerelease)' so if this does not work for pt essential what am i supposed to do now, as there is not one for 'm-powered essential'.
I am extremely disappointed that there was nothing to say that this wouldn't work with snow leopard when i bought it, i was told 'mac users require OS X 10.5.5 OR GREATER'!!!! at the time of me attempting to install it i was running 10.6.2...... so to anybody with half a brain this sounds like there is going to be no problems.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:43 AM

O, and how do i register my version of essential to get the update when it is released.. if that is what i am supposed to do, as i have all ready tried to do this but i did not get a registration card with my product as shown in the link from the digi-design site
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=22828
Old 12-06-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakegreenie View Post
ok then, on the linked page you sent, i had all ready downloaded the 'Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3pr Updater for Snow Leopard (Prerelease)' so if this does not work for pt essential what am i supposed to do now, as there is not one for 'm-powered essential'.
I am extremely disappointed that there was nothing to say that this wouldn't work with snow leopard when i bought it, i was told 'mac users require OS X 10.5.5 OR GREATER'!!!! at the time of me attempting to install it i was running 10.6.2...... so to anybody with half a brain this sounds like there is going to be no problems.
I agree with you. I recently purchased Pro Tools M-Powered Essential and was told that it would work with Mac OSX 10.5.5 and above. I currently have Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and it will not work on my machine. I am pretty upset and I'm not really sure what options I have...
Old 12-07-2009, 05:20 PM

Me too. I just purchased the Pro Tools Keystudio 49-key keyboard with Pro Tools M-Powered Essential, and I am running Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard. It is most unfortunate that I can't run the software.

If you can offer a beta version of the regular Pro Tools 8 that will run on Snow Leopard, certainly somebody at Avid can compile a beta version of Pro Tools Essential 8.x that can do the same.

Please make a beta version available. You're going to sell a lot of Pro Tools Keystudio packages to Snow Leopard users this Christmas season!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:13 PM

I was able to get Pro Tools Essential 8.02 installed and running correctly on Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard. It wasn't that hard, but you have to do it without the installer package that Digidesign provides. Furthermore, I don't know if every last feature of the program is running correctly or not. All that I have tested is that I installed the basic ProTools Essential itself, got it to import and edit a large standard MIDI file (exported from Sibelius 6.1), and used it for playback with Garritan Personal Orchestra 4, an external virtual instrument. I have not yet tried any plug-ins or signal processing, or recording audio.

Send me a private message here and I'll tell you how I did it.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:44 AM

hey, not really too sure how to send a personal message, but yes please, i would really like to know how youve done it??