Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Software on the DUC

Dana,

I'll take that you've been following this thread, as it unfolded. Thanx for your vote.
Guess you are right in saying they paid attention. I have to give a huge thumbs up for them, as I can tolerate almost everything that goes on here, but the promotion and blatant advertisement of stolen Intellectual Property is a huge no-no in my books.
Yes, I'm a "Nazi" in this respect..Beleive or not I did even reformat my son's computer when discovered his collection of Napster MP3s.
As far as me hanging in..a very tough choice for me. I did state my withdrawal clearly, based on inconsistent monitoring/reinforcing policies. Now they acted.
And..I do love being here, talking to you guys.
Where else could I receive friendly and very quick advice? And how can I help out others with questions, that I do have answers for ?

Thanx for responding,
cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-10-2005, 08:28 AM

I think you are a valuable asset to this forum. We need people like you here to answer people’s questions and give suggestions. Maybe you could send digi an e-mail suggesting a change in policy, and we could all crack down on stuff that happens here that isn’t right. There should be a quicker way to get posts like that off the forum.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:11 AM

Quote:
I think you are a valuable asset to this forum. We need people like you here to answer people’s questions and give suggestions. Maybe you could send digi an e-mail suggesting a change in policy, and we could all crack down on stuff that happens here that isn’t right. There should be a quicker way to get posts like that off the forum.
Wow..there are many more qualified cats around here dude ...
How about this for an effective change;
Honest users should immediately notify Digi, and post back here as soon as they smell foul practises. There aren't enough man hours/budget for the administration to read all incoming messages.

And...this concerns the second part of my grief about OT posts;
Remove them ALL ! There are currently at least half a dozen threads in this Windows/LE section OT.
Move them to Miscellaneous , and open a new heading, called "OT only"
>for subjects non computer or PT related. Foul language, racism, and advertisement not allowed<
We now only have :
-General Discussion
-Buy & Sell
-Employment

What do ya think ??

cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-10-2005, 09:33 AM

I agree with you. I was reading through the DUC terms of use and it seems like most things are already in place, it seems we just have to contact the webmaster immediately when something happens. I would like to see an “OT only” place as well. How bout it digi?
Old 01-10-2005, 10:06 AM

Thank you for hanging in...
Gotta do some work now, but will return later with latest developments. I'm diggin the way this is going...

cheers my friend,

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-10-2005, 10:21 AM

Quote:
... I would like to see an “OT only” place as well. How bout it digi?
While we're calling for catagories:
"PLUG-INS" would be a good catagory

ProTools is heavily dependent on high quality third party plugins and should be a legitemate D.U.C. thread for ProTool'rs/DigiHeads. I do not see these threads as O.T. in any sense of the word.

Most updates to third party apps I learn about right here on the D.U.C.

...And yes, report piracy anywhere you see it! eBay has become very lax on this.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Should I know rethink my departure and look like a fool in the users eye ?
Or stick with my decision and be forever mad about not talking to you guys ?
Right now, I'm confused and don't have an answer.

baby please don't go

they call me The Thread Killer
Old 01-10-2005, 12:09 PM

Hey! it's that lurker from Montana!

Oops. I'm an exile...
Old 01-10-2005, 02:19 PM

JustMe ,
You know what ? I really dig that song...good call...
Still here as you can see...I've found this topic, where it belongs !
cheers all ,

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-10-2005, 02:26 PM

Ducky ,
He he ..as in "DUC-ie" ??
Thanx for coming out !
I'd suggest contacting them directly, as they seem to be listening closely now.

cheers,

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring