Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2010, 06:07 AM

Smile Pro Tools SE vs Pro Tools LE?

I'm trying to decide which audio interface to buy.
I want to record vocals and instruments (guitar, fiddle, etc).
I currently use garageband without an interface but would like to step up to a 2 or 4 input interface w/ protools (one of the Mbox models, I suppose.)
Which Protools is more user-friendly - SE or LE? Or are they basically the same? if I get the Mobilepre w/ SE will I probably want to upgrade to LE anyway?
Thanks!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE vs Pro Tools LE?

If you've used GarageBand then SE all the way. Once you've got a copy you cn use any M-Audio interface with it.

I think the M-Audio MobilePre (with SE) is your best bet as the quality of the preamps is great.

I've had LE for years and I still think it's too complex for capturing ideas.