Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 12-08-2016, 06:19 PM

Default Re: PTHD 12.6.1 issues

Quote:
Postman, so it is not present in Win7? I've got Win10 loaded presently and I will give it a shot.
What I see is not the same as adogg4629 posted but maybe is relevant.

After several tests (not comprehensive but reflecting only my personal workflow) I see on Win7 (system as per my specs) that when I render multiple regions that access one or two files, the render completes properly no matter how many clips (3-10) were selected or how long the total length of the group of selections is (tested up to more than 10 minutes). When 3 or more source files are referenced by the selected clips I get the following error message MOST of the time.

"Could not complete your request because Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF."

Unlike the OP, I do not experience a PT crash but only an error message. The error message can be dismissed after which work can continue. During tests, I believe I saw \renders complete at least twice even when 3 source files were included. Take that last bit of info as worthless until corroborated!
Old 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM

Default Re: PTHD 12.6.1 issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
Yes, it's easy to do accidentally.

I'm looking forward to getting back on my Mac system on Friday, will install 12.6.1 to see if the problem exists on Yosemite.
Unfortunately not good news, Yosemite here and same problem...😕