Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Why i leave DigiWorld...

And go back to Cubase world...

Hi all,

First of all i must say that technical support provided by Digidesign is very great and quick.

I must say that this forum is essential to anyone and is a very good place, i've learn more here in few months than years on others forums.

I must say too that Protools is a very clean software, easy to use and "pro". I prefer by far Protools to Cubase BUT, 32 tracks limitation and the lack of PDC make me sell my Digi002 for an asio solution with Sx 3.

I came to protools for his reputation, stability, compatibility with standard studio. After i saw that it is easy to use and the interface is made with intelligence, i saw too that the imposed limitations are too much to be ignored when you see what other solution purpose especially Sx 3.

I don't leave Protools with joy, but i can't wait month after month to have a solution "like" others 24 or 32 stereo audio track would be a serious plus to Protools Le, PDC would be very great (especially for Uad and PoCo users like me)

I put this post to add a comment for Digidesign marketing director to consider that Le User can't afford a TDM system, but can buy other solutions, for same price than Digi002, with more and more capabilities than Le.

Thanks to all.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Why i leave DigiWorld...

Sorry to hear that er1c, and I must admit that the 32 track limitation have never hit me. But I'm a simple man and do understand that it can be frustrating to others. I hope things work out with what ever sollution you choose.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:59 PM

you don't need to sell your digi hardware - there is a very good asio driver for it. then you can have the best of both worlds.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
you don't need to sell your digi hardware - there is a very good asio driver for it. then you can have the best of both worlds.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Both ?? Add the French Riviera in..there is three...

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-26-2005, 04:57 PM

Hello. I am going to go out on a limb and say that he got the 002 because he wanted the control faders, which of course are useless with any other software. I think that would be why he is getting rid of the 002. If he doesn't care about that, then there really is no reason to sell the 002, other than very personal, emotional feelings.

However here is my issue with his post. I see this all the time, almost 100% of the time on the LE forums.
Quote:
I came to protools for his reputation, stability, compatibility with standard studio. After i saw that it is easy to use and the interface is made with intelligence, i saw too that the imposed limitations are too much to be ignored when you see what other solution purpose especially Sx 3.
Why on earth do people buy stuff without finding out all the details? Or if they know the details, are they hoping at some point in the future Digidesign will change? In these cases, is there anyone else to blame but oneself?

I fully understand when one outgrows an initial need or the situation somehow changes after time. But this? What's up with that? Why spend money without information?

I just don't understand it. It makes no sense to me.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Why on earth do people buy stuff without finding out all the details? Or if they know the details, are they hoping at some point in the future Digidesign will change? In these cases, is there anyone else to blame but oneself?
It's the Protools Hype!!!!

But with-in the Hype it is failed to be told by the Reseller that LE has only 32 audio tracks and in My world it's more like 16 Stereo!!!

I've seen many People Sold on LE without the Audio Profesional behind the counter mentioning about the 32 tack limitation!!! It's all about sales and the more they Sell Digi the more free stuff they get!!!

LE Should be able to play back as much audio as the CPU can let it!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 03:27 PM

Hello. Well actually you didn't address what I was bringing up in my quote you used. I was talking about a consumer's responsibility. It is understandable that companies and salesmen use hype, in a sense that's their job. To sell as much as they can, and hype things as much as they can.

What I was talking about in my quote is our responsibility as consumers. We can not blame salesmen or Digidesign for something that is ultimately our fault. It is our responsibility to find out everything we need to know about a purchase before we buy it. Any surprises that come up after that are strictly our fault. Nobody is forcing us to buy anything, and if we blindly fall for their hype that is also our fault.

I am sorry NuBus but that is a cop out, to blame the salesmen for our shortfalls as consumers not knowing all the information we need to make an appropriate and prudent purchase decision.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:43 PM

Froyo ,
Yes my friend..I couldn't have phrased it any better..
Quote:
Any surprises that come up after that are strictly our fault.
>>For most users here, the 32 track limitation wasn't a surprise. It's posted, in black and white...
er1c >> what can I say man... Good luck with whatever you decide to get...

cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-27-2005, 03:48 PM

People complain about the 32 track limit, but how many great records were made w/ 24 or less.

Having a lot of tracks just lets most people pile crap on top of crap with no real talent.

Now if your trying to go post that's another game.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig