Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-23-2018, 03:55 PM
Avid

Default Re: bug in Logic, plugins open all the time

I think this is Logic behavior not EUCON. If I open a Plugin from Logic and then select other tracks from Logic without a plugin I get that empty window.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I think this is Logic behavior not EUCON. If I open a Plugin from Logic and then select other tracks from Logic without a plugin I get that empty window.
Yes same here, if that purple button is activated- however.. try closing the plugin window. Do you still get any popups when selecting tracks with the mouse?

Don't open any plugins.. that's the problem, selecting via Eucon causes them to open whether you want them or not
Old 10-23-2018, 04:14 PM
Avid

No I dont see that here. Can you post a video of the settings and it happening ?
Old 10-23-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
No I dont see that here. Can you post a video of the settings and it happening ?
sure, no special settings

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95watnxt7o..._0161.MOV?dl=0
Old 10-23-2018, 05:30 PM
Avid

The only time in the video I see you select a track without a plugin window already open is when you go to track 3...and I see a weird flash of a plugin window open and close then the blank window. If a plugin window is already open and the purple link is activated then Logic opens the black Window. it does this even with the mouse.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
The only time in the video I see you select a track without a plugin window already open is when you go to track 3...and I see a weird flash of a plugin window open and close then the blank window. If a plugin window is already open and the purple link is activated then Logic opens the black Window. it does this even with the mouse.
Logic never opens a plugin window just by clicking on a track if there is not one already open, as this video demonstrates.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/guy1tx1x8l..._0162.MOV?dl=0

This only happens when tracks are selected from a Eucon surface. It happens immediately at the end of the video and is reproducible every time..
Old 10-24-2018, 03:10 PM

Hey Eddie, I am providing one more video to show what this thing is doing when there are channel strips involved with multiple plugins, which is a more realistic circumstance.

If you examine this closely, you'll notice that the top-most plugin of the current strip is popping up BEFORE it switches channels. I am closing the window manually before switching.

I want to be sure we're on the same page since you are implying that this is normal logic behavior.

Again, under no circumstances does logic open a new plugin window just by switching tracks, that only happens with the Eucon surfaces. It only started happening this year and it can't be new behavior by design.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgtya8vs7m..._0164.MOV?dl=0

Thanks again for your time.

There is also another bug that may be related to this. When you open plug-ins from the surfaces (by actually pressing the knobs), sometimes the plugin window opens quickly and then disappears, so you have to back out and do it again to get it to stick.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:30 PM

Eddie,

No luck in reproducing this? For simplicity's sake I probably should have just said that the plugin window opens just by selecting the *same* track in Eucon.

Would you agree that is not intended behavior?
Old 10-25-2018, 04:40 PM
Avid

I agree with you and will test again on Tuesday...watch out for posts then.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:10 PM

Well check this out.. I have a maschine mk3, and it now adds itself as a logic controller automatically as a new feature.

It was opening the plugin window there too, even with Eucon closed and uninstalled.

Then I put Eucon back and deleted maschine from the control surface setup.

That solved it! Eucon isn't opening plugin windows anymore. Heh, that's one less headache..