Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-19-2011, 02:21 PM

Default Re: will ProTools 9 work with Digi 002 ?

it will, driver is for the computer
firmware might brake compatibility with an older system but unlikely

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 10-24-2011, 09:00 AM

i dont see why the driver update would break an older driver, i think its a completely different computer driver for the PT9 w. Digi 002, but please dont quote me on that.

im not sure why you'd want to use and 'older' system, but im sure you have your reasons. though, im sure you can download that older driver if need be from the avid site.

some things ive noticed w. the digi 002 as the play-back engine w. PT9:
if you start/restart your computer (Mac) w. the digi 002 turned on, and the 400firewire plugged into your computer, when you start PT9, and choose your file or new session, PT9 will recognize it and initiate the digi002.

if you do not do this, you have to go to "Setup" and "playback engine"
and under the top drop-down of the new window
select: "digi 002"
*this will ONLY appear if you have the latest driver installed to run the Digi002.

then PT9 will prompt you to choose your digi002 setting and will close and restart the protools session.

then the Digi002 w. initiate.

now, i've tried saving the file when after the digi002 has been initiated as the playback engine, but for some reason it doesnt hold true if and when i restart the program, either due to my mac going to sleep or just closing and restarting the session.

only when the computer is restarted. so i guess its not file specific. anyone know how to change this? or it is what it is?
Digi 002 Mixer Console
Mac Book Pro 2.33
Snow Leopard
www.blitzvixen.com
Old 07-20-2016, 09:19 AM

ok question, i was reading this thread and got some useful information and also got confused. i downgraded my mac el capitan to 10.7.5 to run my protools 8 with the 002 console that came with the registration code. now once i loaded protools to my mac it didn't work. now when i double click to open the protools program i was getting a message saying. REQUIRED SOFTWARE EXTENSIONS ARE MISSING click on the "ok" button, and you will be transferred to the PACE web site where an installer can be downloaded. now once i click ok its sending me to the ilok website. but I'm being told this version of protools don't need an ilok.

so then i purchased protools 9 using the same system but i have not purchased the ilok just yet. but i am getting the message once i try to open protools 9 saying you can't use this version of the application protools with this version of mac os x. I'm trying to make sure before i spend anymore money on buying the wrong things, that it will work. also i have downloaded to drivers for the 002 in the avid website. can someone please help?
Old 07-20-2016, 10:11 AM

What do you specifically have:

iLok?
iLok software manager installed?
PT 9 or PT 9 M-Powered?

Fore reference, here's the PT OS compatibility chart: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tibility-Chart

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 07-20-2016, 11:20 AM

i do not have the ilok just yet. my protools 9 just came in yesterday and I'm going to guitar center to get the ilok asap. I'm running mac 10.7.5 and trying to get protools 9 working on it since i couldn't get 8 working. also will be connecting a 002 console. i was told it would work at guitar center but I've been hearing deferent opinions everywhere i go. just scared to keep spending unnecessary money.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertosoong View Post
i do not have the ilok just yet. my protools 9 just came in yesterday and I'm going to guitar center to get the ilok asap. I'm running mac 10.7.5 and trying to get protools 9 working on it since i couldn't get 8 working. also will be connecting a 002 console. i was told it would work at guitar center but I've been hearing deferent opinions everywhere i go. just scared to keep spending unnecessary money.
You purchased Pro Tools 9 what exactly from where exactly? A packaged full version? An upgrade/crossgrade packaged version? Both packaged versions of Pro Tools 9 came with an iLok IIRC. What exactly does the label on the box say? You purchased some installer CD-ROM/DVD-ROM off EBay or similar that came with nothing else? (They are totally worthless, you just got ripped off).

If this is a used package that has been activated you need the license that is now sitting on somebody else's iLok. Buying a blank iLok will not help you unless whatever you purchased has never been activated.

If you somehow purchased an old crossgrade to Pro Tools 9 package that is only usable if it has not been used before *and* the 002 serial number has not been used to crossgrade to Pro Tools 9 or higher. As a purchaser you have no way of telling if the 002 serial number has been used, and have to rely on the honesty of the seller. Hopefully any crossgrade software package is originally sealed and unopened.

Why are you starting with all this old stuff? Look at all the mess you are in already by doing this. Modern interfaces are better, and you will likely have better success and be able to get better help if using more current software and hardware.

Most people working at guitar center are totally clueless about Pro Tools, DAWs, and much of anything else. You may be totally wasting your time and money dealing with them, especially if they pull any games with you not being able to return software.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 07-20-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
ok question, i was reading this thread and got some useful information and also got confused. i downgraded my mac el capitan to 10.7.5 to run my protools 8 with the 002 console that came with the registration code. now once i loaded protools to my mac it didn't work. now when i double click to open the protools program i was getting a message saying. REQUIRED SOFTWARE EXTENSIONS ARE MISSING click on the "ok" button, and you will be transferred to the PACE web site where an installer can be downloaded. now once i click ok its sending me to the ilok website. but I'm being told this version of protools don't need an ilok.
I am not following why you decided to upgrade to Pro Tools 9 vs. trying to at least have a go troubleshooting this problem or asking for help here. If you searched online or on DUC for this error you will find lots of advice telling you to trash prefs/databases and remove all digi folders etc. Pro Tools 8 itself does not need an iLok but plugins you may be installing or already have installed may do, or something is just corrupted.

And you had this non-working, possible corrupted system and then you did what exactly to install Pro Tools 9 over the top of it? Reinstalled a full clean OS X again? Uninstalled Pro Tools 8? Also deleted and plugin and other folders? (Uninstall will not do that)... etc.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:18 AM

ok well let me start from the beginning, i have had protools twice before and had my home broken into, so now choose not to let people record or even know what i have. now I'm starting over. first i purchased my mac from amazon that had el capitan.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

then i purchased my 002 console from ebay that came with protools 8. and came with registration info.

http://www.ebay.com/rcm/v1/DIGIDESIG....c100011.m1843

next found out protools 8 wouldn't work on el capitan, so i got my mac downgraded to lion 10.7.5, still didn't work. went out to purchase protools 12 but then learned the 002 console would not work on it. so got back on ebay and found a full version of protools 9 that i just got in that came with registration info card, but not ilok.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282092363685

being told at guitar center they have a ilok i can purchase 50$ that has the licenses and registration info for protools 9 that i can use for the system I'm building. now hopefully thats the last part i need to get it up and running or may have to sell it back to ebay the 002 console the protools 9 kit, and start all over.
i have looked it up and have seen some places says the mac 10.7.5- protools 9- and the 002 console will work together. other places says no so i guess I'm the genie pig. I'm very determined to get this back up and running, so soon as i get the ilok this weekend i will let all you guys know.

thanks for all the info and help. we will see what happens.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:28 AM

@darryl ramm i still have the protools 8 disk. and did uninstall it before i tried protools 9. but now i just uninstalled everything until i get the ilok. and I'm gone try to install protools 9 one more time then. i already have my mic, monitors and most wires. just waiting now for protools to get working. this has been very frustrating. but if it was easy then i guess everybody would be doing it.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Went out to purchase protools 12 but then learned the 002 console would not work on it. so got back on ebay and found a full version of protools 9 that i just got in that came with registration info card, but not ilok.
The 002 should work with PT 12, it is under the "unsupported/untested" section here, but should be fine: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nd-Peripherals

Quote:
being told at guitar center they have a ilok i can purchase 50$ that has the licenses and registration info for protools 9 that i can use for the system I'm building. now hopefully thats the last part i need to get it up and running or may have to sell it back to ebay the 002 console the protools 9 kit, and start all over.
Generally iLok's don't come with any license on them, unless they were used or came as part of a bundle (M-Powered versions for example). I'd make sure that the license is in fact on the iLok before buying it from GC.

Quote:
i have looked it up and have seen some places says the mac 10.7.5- protools 9- and the 002 console will work together. other places says no so i guess I'm the genie pig. I'm very determined to get this back up and running, so soon as i get the ilok this weekend i will let all you guys know.
Just wondering where you're getting your compatibility info? PT 9 should be fine for the 002, as long as it isn't M-Powered. PT 9 was the first version that wasnt tied to Avid hardware.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM