How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2013, 06:37 AM

Default Avid Artist Transport

Hey, Merry Christmas everyone.

I received an Avid artist Transport for christmas and i really have no idea anything about it. I have been at it for a couple of hours now and after running into wall after wall i thought id ask some questions here.

I have installed everything i need to and upgraded the firmware and software, it doesn't seem to want to click onto any application at all, i have had luck turning off the computer and starting it up with the transport on. This is the only way i have managed to have it work with Protools so far. Is there any option to choose an application for it to be used with, also, just there it has clicked off of Pro Tools and just shows the 'AVID' on the screen.

Does the wheel have a lock button somewhere inside it? i have seen the videos of the Euphonix version and the wheel is continuous. but my wheel seems to only turn a 1/4 of a full cycle which is useless when you turn it and move somewhere it just spins back and puts you where you were.

If anyone knows anything that they think might help me out that would be incredible, i can't find any videos on the Avid version of this and hardly much online about it.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:34 AM

Default Re: Avid Artist Transport

hi
the wheel was fixed on mine, when i bought it. after installing the software and connecting the transport to it, the wheel went to continiuous.

which eucon-version do you have installed, the boxed one or a newer?
i had problems with the new one, with 2.6, everything works great with logic, garageband, finder (that´s all i´ve tested).

but i always have to use the correct order. first starting the eucon app, wait until it has connected to your workstation, then start the transport and wait until it has connected (i took at least 3 or 4 minutes for the first time, after that it was faster ) and than start the application.