Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-03-2010, 06:51 PM

Default USB to Ethernet Adapter with Euphonix mcmix

i have a usb to ethernet adapter and dont know if its not working because of it or because the regular setup.

i had the mc mix connected to regular ethernet port and it work fine. now that i switched to the adapter i can still see the 8 fader bank lines on the tracks but
the faders are not moving. even with the same sessions i had used it successfully before.

do i have to re install anything or change setups or something now that i changed to the adapter. ?

im on a macpro 2009 under snow leopard. and i need the other ethernet ports for other things.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:12 AM

Default Re: USB to Ethernet Adapter with Euphonix mcmix

Can't you use an ethernet hub or switch? The mcmix/controls are tcp/ip devices so should work through normal Ethernet routing equipment. A USB adaptor doesn't sound like a great idea.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Avid

Lightbulb Re: USB to Ethernet Adapter with Euphonix mcmix

The USB device will work if you set it up correctly.

Since this is a "directly connected" configuration we recommend setting up a manual network including a Static IP address on the surface.

Check the Euphonix FAQ: http://www.euphonix.com/artist/support/faq.php

"How do I connect directly to a Mac?"

Once the USB-Ethernet port is alive and configured in System Preferences / Network you need to choose this is the default EuCon network device.

Go to: system preferences / Euphonix and select it using the device drop-down menu. YOu will need to log out and back in for this to take affect (or reboot).
Old 05-04-2010, 10:57 AM

Default Re: USB to Ethernet Adapter with Euphonix mcmix

thx

ill check it out. the usb ethernet didnt come "alive" or showed up on the mac until very late last night so ill troubleshoot some more later.

btw. yes i could add network hub but there is a reason i dont but wont get into it.