Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-13-2004, 11:34 AM

Default OT: hurricane chuckles

writing here from- GROUND ZERO!!!

I am in Cape Coral, FL- we are right where this puppy is landing as I write. Power is going on and off, trees are already being ripped from the ground, flying thru the air. Cat 4 hurricane. It has now attained the stature of being the "worst storm in the past century to hit SW Florida."

Wish me luck! If I dont blow away or float away, I'll write back when we finally get power back on.
Bye guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:36 AM

Default Re: OT: hurricane chuckles

Good luck nikki, hope nothing happens to you, your family, or your music gear
Old 08-13-2004, 12:09 PM

Hang in there girl...
Wish you the best of luck..it's all over the news channels...

cheers from the far away and boringly calm city of Toronto...

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 08-13-2004, 01:32 PM

We are in the cross hairs here in a couple of hours. we just had a tornado just a few miles from my house in the first feader band. It is dead on track for us in NW Orange County NW of Orlando. They are saying that we are looking at Cat 2 Winds here in just a little bit. Hope everything is ok for you in South FL. I just watched the eye of the storm go over Captivia (spelling?) going straght up Port Charlet Harbor 20' storm surge. GET THE SNORKELS

This thing went from a Cat 2 too a Cat 4 in like an hour!

Hang on Girl good luck, sounds like we will need a little here too................

Quote:
writing here from- GROUND ZERO!!!

I am in Cape Coral, FL- we are right where this puppy is landing as I write. Power is going on and off, trees are already being ripped from the ground, flying thru the air. Cat 4 hurricane. It has now attained the stature of being the "worst storm in the past century to hit SW Florida."

Wish me luck! If I dont blow away or float away, I'll write back when we finally get power back on.
Bye guys!

www.kineticrecordingstudios.com
Old 08-13-2004, 01:46 PM

Quote:
We are in the cross hairs here in a couple of hours. we just had a tornado just a few miles from my house in the first feader band. It is dead on track for us in NW Orange County NW of Orlando. They are saying that we are looking at Cat 2 Winds here in just a little bit. This thing went from a Cat 2 too a Cat 4 in like an hour!
Stuff from the storm is actually hitting Central Florida around Orlando?? Hmm... I think I bettered call a few friends and In-laws down there and check in...
Old 08-13-2004, 01:54 PM

Dude it is getting bad, The County Chairman of Orange County is on TV giving a press conferance right now as I type. They are saying we are going to take a direct hit around 11 PM with wind gust maybe 100 mph and 60-70 sustained. We are not ready and were not expecting this just 2-3 hours ago the were saying 25-35 sustained and 50-60 gust.

Quote:
Quote:
We are in the cross hairs here in a couple of hours. we just had a tornado just a few miles from my house in the first feader band. It is dead on track for us in NW Orange County NW of Orlando. They are saying that we are looking at Cat 2 Winds here in just a little bit. This thing went from a Cat 2 too a Cat 4 in like an hour!
Stuff from the storm is actually hitting Central Florida around Orlando?? Hmm... I think I bettered call a few friends and In-laws down there and check in...

www.kineticrecordingstudios.com
Old 08-13-2004, 02:59 PM

Hmm..... not good at all I do say. Take cover as fast as you can if you are in the midst of it all and be sure to cover your music gear. I haven't been able to reach the in-laws down there in the last hour or any of my friends... Have you noticed any of the phone lines cutting out or anything?
Old 08-13-2004, 05:30 PM

KroNEe-
I'm in apopka, too. Brace up!!! After it's over, we should get together.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:12 PM

My sis just happens to be visiting right now...she'll be driving home to Orlando tomorrow...hope she can make it all the way. It's a hell of a drive to just have to turn around if they don't let her through. My prayers to all of you in the path leading up to Orlando.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:50 PM

How is everybody doing down there. You sent us rain for the next couple days with flooding everywhere.

Nikki K, where are you, in the dark?

Praying for your safety...