Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2014, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools hangs at initializing audio engine

It is very likely that you simply need to reset your Omni to factory defaults. The PT 11 message is similar to or the same as the PT 10 message "creating DAE objects" and the solution is the same. There is a KB article for HD 8.1 to 10.x on how to reset the Omni.

Avid simply hasn't documented this for PT 11 yet. I only wasted 4 hours figuring this out.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasman View Post
I will try downloading asio4all when I get home from work tonight. I am picking up a Saffire Pro 40 for extra pre's and analog inputs and see if I can get it up and running through one of those. I did a search for "asio" in the start up and found a number of asio files. When I look in sounds in control panel the only thing that's showing is the computer sound card. If I remember correctly, in my previous mbox2 and 003 setups those respective devices were available as selections in the sounds area. Not sure how this works with HD Native. Only selection available in playback engine holding N down at start up is HD Native. Will post back with results once I get asio4all and Saffire installed. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMBOR View Post
It is very likely that you simply need to reset your Omni to factory defaults. The PT 11 message is similar to or the same as the PT 10 message "creating DAE objects" and the solution is the same. There is a KB article for HD 8.1 to 10.x on how to reset the Omni.

Avid simply hasn't documented this for PT 11 yet. I only wasted 4 hours figuring this out.

Tom
I Have the same problem for a while with thunderbolt chassis and a macbook pro retina.
osx 10.10.5
protools 11.3.2HD

Did a fresh installation of OS X, new protools install.... no luck.

protools is not initializing the HD i/o...

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
PT11HD
HDX /HD i/o
Magma Thunderbolt 2.0 Chasis 3T
Manley Vari-Mu / MPassive Mastering version
Sonnox bundle / McDsp / FabFilter /
Old 05-10-2016, 09:20 AM

My 2 cents; there is no reason to install ASIO4ALL and I would remove it. I run HDN on the same motherboard and CPU and its been really good. Make sure that you have windows set(in Sound>Properties) to use the onboard audio card and NOT the Avid card as its default playback device. And, since that mobo's firewire is not compatible, you may as well disable it in Device Manager FWIW, I have Windows set to use the onboard optical SPDIF output and feed that to the optical SPDIF input of a Presonus Central Station and it all works great

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave