Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2017, 03:14 PM

Default Re: No Pro Tools 13 for me unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post

I'm working now for a producer who's nominated for a couple of those awards. He's working on 11.3, and I really miss some of the things in 12.5.2. But I can do the work. And the music sounds great. So use what you choose, and get the work done.

And are you constantly berating him for being an irrational, bitter, cheapskate?

Or do you respect his decision not to elect to stay current, no matter what his particular reasons are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2017, 06:27 PM
tundra

no kidding, i know award winning producers that are still using 9..

its just a tape machine replacement. software doesn't make hits, musicians do.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra View Post

hahaha well put
Old 01-01-2017, 07:11 PM

Default No Pro Tools 13 for me unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra View Post

Not everything is a about Grammys, Platinum records and "hits".

Guys who make music as a hobby do not deserve a good product for their money? Their money worth less?

In my opinion the problem here is about Avid delivering an expensive product full of bugs with a very slow and poor development.

Last edited by del cosmos; 01-01-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonetl View Post
Well to be fair he has some valid points. That said I would be curious what he opted for instead of PT. The whole God Bless thing doesnt bother me as long as I dont have to do it before dinner cuz I get hangry. But on a serious note I get why he feels that way but I honestly dont think PT is that awful. The only smart thing Steve Ballmer ever said was that the last bug will be fixed the day the last customer dies. Its software and it will never be perfect. Im sure people bitched about tape in the day as well...

Yes we did. Then digital tape. Then "Hate-dats".

I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 01-01-2017, 08:02 PM

I feel the problem is simple.... If you dont agree with avids policy,simply dont buy into thier plan/subscription,license policy. I haven't spent a cent on avid since my procontrol was put out of commision. I also dont understand the subscription,license plan. It seems to be something so overcomplicated to use software. A bit embarrassing in my opinion.

I stayed with 10 and 11 HD for some years after retiring my Old tdm HD4 rig.
I did purchase an HD native card with my 10&11 software hoping they would
Eventually write the driver for the Procontrol but, that never happened and i never upgraded to 12 and never will.

I always enjoyed the duc and learned so much in my time here also been helped by some very generous people and have also made lifelong friends from the duc,always greatful for that. these days i usually come back to reassure that i made the right choice in switching daws ( reading the same problems for years,new and old bugs never getting sorted out ) I moved to Studio One,it's truly an eye opening expierience coming from the hassle world of protools.

Simply download the software ,no hassle with the install or hang ups,etc. just click install and it installs. Need to use a ton of Vi's? No problem, need something to control it with? Just install the app on your ipad (free) 45 secs later your up and running. Need a video track,add one and it wrks, not a problem I can go on and on. Very refreshing to have something do what its suppose to do.

Not saying this to offend anyone, i will always have good memories using PT alot of bad ones as well. I also have a bit of gear that is now for sale. 192's expanded,digi PRE's, tdm cards. 24 channel Procontrol,edit pack,argosy desk for PC,plug ins, etc.,etc, if anyone is interested.

2017 is a year to rid myself of protools, it already feels good. Good luck to all!!!
Old 01-01-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post
I feel the problem is simple.... If you dont agree with avids policy,simply dont buy into thier plan/subscription,license policy. I haven't spent a cent on avid since my procontrol was put out of commision. I also dont understand the subscription,license plan. It seems to be something so overcomplicated to use software. A bit embarrassing in my opinion.

I stayed with 10 and 11 HD for some years after retiring my Old tdm HD4 rig.
I did purchase an HD native card with my 10&11 software hoping they would
Eventually write the driver for the Procontrol but, that never happened and i never upgraded to 12 and never will.

I always enjoyed the duc and learned so much in my time here also been helped by some very generous people and have also made lifelong friends from the duc,always greatful for that. these days i usually come back to reassure that i made the right choice in switching daws ( reading the same problems for years,new and old bugs never getting sorted out ) I moved to Studio One,it's truly an eye opening expierience coming from the hassle world of protools.

Simply download the software ,no hassle with the install or hang ups,etc. just click install and it installs. Need to use a ton of Vi's? No problem, need something to control it with? Just install the app on your ipad (free) 45 secs later your up and running. Need a video track,add one and it wrks, not a problem I can go on and on. Very refreshing to have something do what its suppose to do.

Not saying this to offend anyone, i will always have good memories using PT alot of bad ones as well. I also have a bit of gear that is now for sale. 192's expanded,digi PRE's, tdm cards. 24 channel Procontrol,edit pack,argosy desk for PC,plug ins, etc.,etc, if anyone is interested.

2017 is a year to rid myself of protools, it already feels good. Good luck to all!!!
The main reason I keep complaining is, I'm simply not giving up!

I believe one way or another Avid will listen and react accordingly!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 01-02-2017, 08:43 AM
tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post

Maybe Godot will finally show up too.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:25 AM

Also, Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny, and trickle down economics are all real.

Ever worked in the corporate world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
The main reason I keep complaining is, I'm simply not giving up!

Old 01-02-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post

Same here, whats your advice for and how to go about selling a Digidesing C24 ?