Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 09-08-2013, 09:13 PM

Default PTHD 11 native not recognizing my omni

Greetings, my very first post here. last friday I just bought my omni with thunderbolt, installed it everything work fine but the next day PT in playback engine is not recognizing the omni. In playback engine it's Pro Tools Aggregate IO and omni is not in the drop down menu but yesterday the omni was selected but now it's gone. something changed not sure what's going on. The LED on the omni is working but the headphones no sound. I can get sound from HD Native thunderbolt headphones & no sound from my speakers. All my tracks are greyed out. the drivers are up to date. can someone guide me in solving this issue?
Thanks,
K.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 PM

Default Re: PTHD 11 native not recognizing my omni

Quote:
Originally Posted by I&I View Post
Greetings, my very first post here. last friday I just bought my omni with thunderbolt, installed it everything work fine but the next day PT in playback engine is not recognizing the omni. In playback engine it's Pro Tools Aggregate IO and omni is not in the drop down menu but yesterday the omni was selected but now it's gone. something changed not sure what's going on. The LED on the omni is working but the headphones no sound. I can get sound from HD Native thunderbolt headphones & no sound from my speakers. All my tracks are greyed out. the drivers are up to date. can someone guide me in solving this issue?
Thanks,
K.
Does powering off the Mac and interfaces and powering back up again let you select the Omni? Hold down the "N" key when Pro Tools is starting up. What are all the choices shown for Playback engine?

Did you do all the standard optimizations included with the install documentation-also listed under the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this page? Including disabling sleep/suspend? You never want to let your Mac sleep while the interface is connected/powered up. That *might* be the cause of this. Make sure every other optimization is done while you are at it.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I&I View Post
Thanks,
K.

Welcome to the best forum on the web

We really need more info here. Nobody on the DUC can guess what setup you have. Not even Darryl Ramm http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-09-2013, 02:41 AM

Thanks for your reply. Yes I did try to restart while holding down N it no luck. My mac was never asleep. My system spec should be in my profile.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:03 AM

I had the the same problem ,i did a clean uninstall of my hd driver ,and installed the lastest driver 11.01 and that did the trick,jz
Old 09-09-2013, 04:47 AM

johnnyz, where do I uninstall the driver of my Omni?
Thanks
Old 09-09-2013, 07:50 AM

I install the HD_ Driver 11.01.
It is now working as expected. Thank you.
K.