Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2002, 07:46 PM

Default Fatal Errors When Creating Audio Tracks Someone Please Help

I am having trouble creating new audio tacks when running ProTools Free on my WindowsMe Partion. I can create midi, aux, and everything else except audio tracks. I get the following message Fatal Error Log-126621944490700000.ptx. When I create aux tracks, ProTools turns my internal mic on even though I have it muted. I have a P4 with 256 of Ram, SoundBlaster Live Value Network Card/32MB Nvidia GForce2 MX400 graphics card. I have tried going into my multumedia panel and everything is good. I need a new prospective on this problem. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. Thanks
Old 04-01-2002, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Fatal Errors When Creating Audio Tracks Someone Please Help

Hi!

My brother......I am having the same problem. I spent 24 hours straight trying to fix this problem. I own a TDM system for the Mac and tried My best to get this thing to work on My PC. I called Digidesign thinking that since I already spent crazy money that they would offer Me just a little bit of help..........Guess What? No Help! They said If I don't like it don't use the program. I went to bed at 8 PM and I'm up at 2 am at it again. I'm very puzzled at this error. I can create AUX, etc. but when I attempt to create an audio track or import audio the program crashes saying unknown error and Pro Tools must be restarted. The same error as yours. I will attempt to fix this problem for the rest of the week so I will work with you on this one if you work with Me. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2002, 07:57 AM

I could sure use the help, I have tried using different drivers that "clausiii" had mentioned, but even that did not work so far. I am going to try the drivers again, and and play around some more, if I figure anything out I will let you know. Let me know the same. I am not buying a digi001 for my pc until I get the free stuff to work first.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:04 PM

quote:
I am not buying a digi001 for my pc until I get the free stuff to work first.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This may not be a great idea. Here's why I think so:

I hassled for six weeks and spent $600 in upgrades trying to make PT "Free" work.
Nope.

Hassle, spend... hassle, spend. Nope.

I installed an 001 and it's been hassle-free. Since day 1.

If you wait for "Free" to work- you might wait forever. The two programs, LE, and "Free" are superficially similar,but in the code--- completely different when it comes to functioning reliability.
IMHO,
"Free" plain doesn't seem to work on a lot of machines that just excel with LE.

Without changing anything else after installing the 001 card and LE software, I went from having to run at buffers of 2,000+ samples to get 8 tracks to run (but still freeze and crash)with NO plugins, to running 24 tracks with 9 plug-ins on 128 samples.

LE and "Free" are not the same... and it wouldn't be fair to yourself to cut out using Pro Tools because the free sample is not compatible with your machine!

Feel free to e-mail me if you want details.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:27 PM

Did I say that? I know and understand the difference between the two programs, but I am just a stubborn ********* and cannot stand when things do not work. I have not however purchased anything else to ease my problems with PTF, nor will I after reading your message. I thank you for that. I guess I will raise the white flag for now, and just give in and buy the 001. Mark my words, I will figure out PTF someday, somehow! Well ok maybe not!