Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-31-2007, 10:06 PM

Default error messages with Pro Tools LE 7.3.1cs4 Update for Windows

I'm running XP Pro SP2 on both my laptop and my desktop. the Pro Tools LE 7.3.1cs4 Update for Windows XP seems to have screwed things up on my desktop, and ProTools LE cannot locate my hardware now.

on the laptop, I get an error about a driver warning me that protools may be slow.

my desktop pc also generates errors from the korg legacy system stating that the audio driver could not be started. i noticed that it does not select a rate. on the laptop, this is not an issue and the Korg Mono/Poly sounds most excellent.

when attempting to update the firmware, the new firmware utility says i have version 138, and it is version 143. but clicking the update button, the mbox disconnects, a windows dialog box asks to update the firmware, and shows 2 iterations: 1.5.4.26 at c:\windows\inf\oem12.inf and c:\windows\inf\oem17.inf. selecting either results in the same: the mbox2 shows up again, and the firmware updater from digidesign has failed with an error "failed to download firmware". is this related to the fact that i used to own a couple of regular mboxes before upgrading to an mbox 2?
Old 08-01-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: error messages with Pro Tools LE 7.3.1cs4 Update for Win

tonight i moved the mbox 2 to my mac and ran the firmware updater without a hitch. but since my mac's main interface is a firewire 1814 (with protools mpowered, natch) i then removed the mbox 2 and moved it back to the pc.

next i uninstalled protools le 7.3.1cs4 and the device drivers and restarted. that did not remove 3 references to the mbox 2 in the device manager, so i manually uninstalled them (mbox firmware update under usb controllers!, and mbox 2 midi and usb audio device from sound video and game controllers)

next i installed protools le 7.3, restarted, then the previous 7.31 update and a restart. launch worked ok until end when it generated a DAE error -1115 was encountered when it hits the DigiTranslator. I don't recall installing the DigiTranslator, and don't have any codes for it, and the instructions to remove it through the add/remove programs menu doesn't help because it doesn't show up where. So where is the Digi Translator and how do I remove it manually? When attempting to reinstall then remove, upon installing I see a failure message stating "This installer was unable to configure this machine to allow ProTools operation by non-Administrative user accounts. This installation of ProTools can only be run from an account with Administrator privileges. The error is: unable to access c:\program files\installshield installation information\{big long ass string I cannot read the end of}