Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2004, 05:05 PM

Default Audiosuite Crashes - PT LE 5.2

I've been using PT LE 5.2 (MBox) under OS 9.2.2 on my PowerBook for about 18 months now, and - despite making no known changes - about 6 months ago I started running into AudioSuite crashes.

A process I do so often that I don't think about it is to put three identical regions next to each other, create crossfades at the two boundaries and normalise the middle region (not to the playlist) to create a nice file that will loop in a sampler. About one in ten times since last November (when I had a huge project on and no time for this to start happening!), the resulting files will contain garbage and have no waveform on the .R side. Playing them will crash PT with a Type 2 or Type 3 error.

I have searched the DUC to no avail. There is an article in the AnswerBase but it doesn't help; my system worked fine for a year so it's not RAM, etc. I'm using the internal drive, so it's not FW drivers. I did think it was because the drive was about 80% full at one point, but it's done it with as little as 50% of the drive in use...

What I find so odd is that nothing on my system changed before this started happening - and it used to work fine...

Any advice? Thanks!