Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2011, 03:02 PM

Talking Can't get Windows XP Wavedriver to load. . . Help?

I need some "Legacy" Digi users to help me out here. I just built a new machine to handle my reliable Digi001 on Windows XP. My old system was still running Windows ME (imagine that). My philosophy has been if it works why fix it, but things were starting to break on me.

I finally got ProTools to work fine on the new custom box I built, after the PACE/iLok driver update. Pro Tools 5.3.1 is working fantastic, but now I can't get the 5.3.1 wavedriver to install and use my Digi with other windows apps. It appears to try and install during the manually add hardware procedure, but when it tries to load the DirectIO.dll is just says "Cannot load the Digidesign Wave Driver driver. The driver file may be missing. Try installing the driver again, or contact your system administrator" and then fails. I know I'm using the right driver since I've checked them and downloaded a couple of times and all of the files are identical and correct for 5.3.1 using Digi001 on Windows XP.

If anybody has some help or similar experience on this your input would be greatly appreciated. I've searched the DUC and have found similar problems, but no solutions so I'm hoping a new thread might drum up some answers.

Thanks!

New System Info:
MSI 785GTM-E45 motherboard
Onboard ATI/AMD HD 4200 (Dual out (1-VGA, 1-DVI-D)
AMD Phenom II X4 920 @2.8Ghz
Seagate SATA 7200RPM primary HDD
Westerdigital SATA "Black" 7200RPM secondary HDD
Ultra Firewire card (Currently disabled)
Realtek Onboard Audio: Disabled in the BIOS and no other audio drivers have ever been installed.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Can't get Windows XP Wavedriver to load. . . Help?

IIRC the first Pro Tools LE version that was qualified for Windows XP SP3 was 6.4 - the last version to support the Digi 001.

You may want to upgrade to 6.4 AND then install cs6 AND cs9 AND the latest PACE drivers. Well worth it for $39.95 IMHO as 6.4 was very stable and added a lot of new features. YMMV

As always, please image or clone your working system before doing any update or upgrade so, if something goes wrong, you can easily get back to a known working system.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction