Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-23-2003, 06:30 PM

Default man this sucks

I just sent a whole band home for a half of a day cause xp just deleted my session file. That sucks cause that costed money. Im really upset.

here's what happened.....

I was running a session in PT for roughly 6 hours when it occured. the client wanted to reference something on the net so I quit out of PT to get to it. For some reason when i got the session back open, the spdif checkbox was unchecked, so I had to go and check it. I ran a couple of takes and heard some weird stuff so i went to close the session and got the good old spdif error that I hate so much, closed protools and restarted. when it fired back up the scandisk said the pts file was not formatted correctly or something and It "recovered lost fragments to file" when i went to the session directory, the pts file was gone - missing - nata.

About an hour and a half later I figured out how to recover the session with a file recovery program called R-studio but i still would like to know where that damn pts file went. this time it costed me a good $180 plus scared the living S*&t out of me.

Grrrrrrr

oh and you duc'ers yes im still around. Hope everyones been well

keny
just to toot my own horn, I am in the process of relocating to Los Angeles and lookign for a job, so if anybody knows someone who can help me get established as an audio engineer and producer, check out my creds at http://www.kenyruyter.com and call me 310-909-9115

myspace page
http://www.kenyruyter.com
Old 03-23-2003, 09:32 PM

Default Re: man this sucks

Man that sucks! Good to see ya around agian. I try to keep a working backup to my c: of open projects. So much packed into one little file...

Where did you hear of this recovery progrm?
Old 03-23-2003, 10:22 PM

Hey Darren! I got R-studio the last time PT crashed and deleted my HD volume info. It was $50. I was lucky to have the client come back for an additional 3 hours, so I am pretty happy about that.

Hope you are well. I've been chillin in my studio.

Peace,
Keny
just to toot my own horn, I am in the process of relocating to Los Angeles and lookign for a job, so if anybody knows someone who can help me get established as an audio engineer and producer, check out my creds at http://www.kenyruyter.com and call me 310-909-9115

myspace page
http://www.kenyruyter.com
Old 03-24-2003, 06:14 PM

sorry that you lost your files....did u go to search and use *.file prefix meaning com exe or whatever it was, to look for that file? next time save the file before you do any multitasking. Also maybe your hard drive is going bad? maybe you have some bad sectors on that hard drive??