Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2017, 11:20 AM

Default Audio unable to play from other applications

Hi, for some weird reason, i could not play videos or any sound clip from other software when ever i started up my protools. Any kind souls willing to tell me what is wrong? My sample rate is stuck at 48. i could not change to other sample rate within the programe
Old 01-05-2017, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Audio unable to play from other applications

You don't mention what kind of driver or interface you are using, but it sounds like Pro Tools is locking your audio device, which is normal. If your other driver can't do multi-client, or what ever other programs you are trying to use at the same time are set to use a different sample rate, then they probably won't play audio.

For Pro Tools it's usually best to use your ASIO interface for your DAW sound and the internal audio device for your system sounds.

This video goes through the process for Windows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCrj7jAuF8

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio