How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2011, 12:49 AM

Default User privileges insuficient to start a low level driver

Hello,

I have bougth a nwe machine HP Workstation z600 and i have boughth the crossgrad of protools 9 from LE (i had before the 7.4 version on my other machine). I have instal my MBox2 pro successfully and the prottols too. I have install my ilok key, i have register the product and dowload my ilok authorization to my key...bassicaally i think i have follow all the instructions. But still i get this messsage when i try to lauch protool: "User privileges insuficient to start a low level driver".

I don't understand why, becaus i am the administrator of my machine.
Can u please help me?
Old 07-27-2011, 01:43 AM

Unhappy Re: User privileges insuficient to start a low level driver

OK, i have discover that i'm supost to rigth clik my mouse and rua as administrator to pass this problem... but now i have another... the prottols dont recognize my ilok.
The ilok is instaled. e have download from ilok web site the latest software and i have reboot my system, but still is not working.
The device manager from my windows 7 recognizes the ilok key and says is working properly... but my prottols don't agree with that...can u help?
Old 07-27-2011, 03:52 AM

Default Re: User privileges insuficient to start a low level driver

have you transferred your licenses to the ilok using the ilok website?

pro tools could be seeing the ilok but it might not have the proper license installed on it.

www.jntracks.com