Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Frozen at Startup Screen -Help!!!

I just started Pro Tools and the startup screen at the bottom says "Initializing Hardware (DSI) It will not go any further and I cannot force quit. Anyone know what is going on here. I had disconnected the Mbox last night and re-connected this morning. What have I done? Up until now,this setup has been solid.

Runniing PT 6.4 on Mac Mini 1.25, 1 gig ram, 40 gig HD, 160 gig external FW with Mbox.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Avid

Default Re: Frozen at Startup Screen -Help!!!

Please start with the 'General Troubleshooting' steps in the sticky at the top of this forum.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:28 AM

OK. I've done all the routines listed on the sticky. Trashed everything in sight. Uninstalled, re-installed. Now, Pro Tools will start, but it is telling me that none of my drives, internal or external FW are valid audio volumes, which they were until yesterday! What is going on?

PT 6.4 Mac Mini 1.25, 1 gig ram, 40 gig internal, 160 gig external FW, OS 10.3.8

There has got to be something simple to get this back up and running. I'm sure I've seen something like this in this forum before, but can't seem to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob
Old 05-15-2005, 06:31 AM

The saga continues. Did all the system maintenance, rebooted without the FW drive and was able to launch PT. Rebooted with FW attached and tried to designate the FW as a record volume in the Workspace. Got the message "FW Audio 1" cannot be desgnated as an Audio Record volume because it is not a valid audio volume. There are a few gigs of audio files on the drive, placed there bv Pro Tools!!! How can this be. Somebody please tell me what to do to get this up and running. Should I re-format the FW drive? Re-install the system? I need to get this fixed!

PT 6.4 Mac Mini 1.25, 1 gig ram, 40 gig internal, 160 gig external FW, OS 10.3.8 Mbox

Bob
Old 05-15-2005, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Frozen at Startup Screen - Fixed!!

Well, after doing everything suggested in the stickies, I unistalled 6.4, (which i had done before, but maybe not done permissions etc. as required) rebooted, repaired permissions, reinstalled 6.0, rebooted, repaired permissions, updated to 6.4, rebooted, repaired permissions and suddenly, all drives are recognized as valid audio volumes. So, for anyone else suffering from the same situation, it looks like you have to completely remove PT from the system and start over, step by step with the install, permissions and upgrades. What a nightmare. Good thing it was on the weekend with no sessions.

Bob