Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2015, 07:07 PM

Default Re: How long is "Coming Soon"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftStudios View Post
I agree with your statements. And that's the scary part. However, we are also afforded "reasonable expectations" in Australia. What that means is if I saw that video, and bought PT12 so I could have Cloud Collaboration, but then my support expired before I got it, I'd have grounds to claim a full refund for failing to deliver a product as advertised. So while things might be a certain way in the US, AVID are very much a global company and completely bound within legal requirements in the territories they operate.

...they'll have to do it before Dec 2015, or they've breached a very strongly enforced consumer right in Australia, and there will be companies expecting compensation for it.
Nice! :thumbsup: Bless you peoples of Australia!

I think by journey's end Avid will do right by the customer. Whether or not they win any of them back after such a crazy road trip is yet to be seen, cuz I'm about near ready to jump out this bus! :lookout:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftStudios View Post
I love Pro Tools, no matter how much I use others, Pro Tools is still my preference...
Yep, it would be a very easy decision to leave if we actually hated the product. All said, that's why I don't use MC. As for being un-"Hollywood" for doing that… well… frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!
Old 06-11-2015, 09:51 PM

Hey Avid... Take notes...

https://youtu.be/NahmdQiIAfY
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 06-13-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Avid bought Digi in 1995 FYI.
Yes, exactly my point!
16 Core
96 GB ram
macOS Ventura 13.4
Somehow, musicians are now technicians!
Old 06-13-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Avid bought Digi in 1995 FYI.
...and only re-branded PT systems starting with PT9 software, HD-native hardware & new HD interfaces in about 2010.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:36 AM

If I recall correctly, the splash screens on some earlier versions stated "A division of AVID"
Old 06-13-2015, 12:16 PM

The CEO Of Avid's Linkin page states this

"I am a proven growth-oriented technology executive with expertise in operational execution and results-driven performance in a variety of complex technical fields including content management, e-commerce, workflow management and financial services. Prior to joining Avid"

there is NOTHING in this guy's background showing he knows anything about running a creative software company.
No real inovation in Pro Tools in the last 3 years - just a rehash of old technology and features. In 2008 version 8 brought 130+ new features.
Coincidently this is the first year of LHR on the Avid board with massive cuts to Avid's best employees.
Announcing Cloud Collaboration in April 2014 - June 2015 it's still not available. Announcing Pro Tools First in January 2015 and it's still nowhere to been seen.
Avid bass the goose that lay's golden eggs - and they have zero clue what to do with it
This all falls on the CEO's shoulders - EPIC FAIL
Old 06-13-2015, 01:06 PM

Well, he didn't fail to give himself a hefty raise last year. So while he may not know how to run a creative software company he certainly knows how to get overpaid by one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
The CEO Of Avid's Linkin page states this

"I am a proven growth-oriented technology executive with expertise in operational execution and results-driven performance in a variety of complex technical fields including content management, e-commerce, workflow management and financial services. Prior to joining Avid"

there is NOTHING in this guy's background showing he knows anything about running a creative software company.
No real inovation in Pro Tools in the last 3 years - just a rehash of old technology and features. In 2008 version 8 brought 130+ new features.
Coincidently this is the first year of LHR on the Avid board with massive cuts to Avid's best employees.
Announcing Cloud Collaboration in April 2014 - June 2015 it's still not available. Announcing Pro Tools First in January 2015 and it's still nowhere to been seen.
Avid bass the goose that lay's golden eggs - and they have zero clue what to do with it
This all falls on the CEO's shoulders - EPIC FAIL
Old 06-13-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
Well, he didn't fail to give himself a hefty raise last year.
In general: the board of directors recommends a salary or raise, the compensation committee (which is a subset of the board) is in charge of overseeing equity-based plans and executive salary. While the board of directors as a whole doesn't report to the CEO per se, the compensation committee does, so it's definitely not impartial.

That's neither here nor there regarding Avid, but it's not as simple as the CEO determining his own salary.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:09 PM

In general, the compensation committee reports to the board of directors. Of which, the CEO may or may not be the chairman of the board.

One unwritten rule for sure is: disagree with the board chairman too many times and you won't be on the board long😀

Greg
Old 06-13-2015, 11:20 PM

I spent much of my life working for corporations. In theory, everything you said is true. But in many (most?) cases the board and the CEO are all buddies. They golf together, they go to lunch, they go to parties, they see each other a lot. At least, that's my experience.

In my experience, it's a far cry from impartial. I worked for a corporation whose CEO was ranked in the Top 10 worst CEO's in several publications, yet he always managed to get a raise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
In general: the board of directors recommends a salary or raise, the compensation committee (which is a subset of the board) is in charge of overseeing equity-based plans and executive salary. While the board of directors as a whole doesn't report to the CEO per se, the compensation committee does, so it's definitely not impartial.

That's neither here nor there regarding Avid, but it's not as simple as the CEO determining his own salary.