Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2014, 03:55 PM

Default Re: C 24 tips and tricks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Johansson View Post
This is a great thread. I just bought a C-24 a couple of days ago so I really need some tips and tricks, on top of the C-24 being something new I just converted to ProTools as well. So I guess I have some headache in front of me.

I´m currently also building my studio so at the moment the stuff isn´t up and running but I´ll try to read as much as possible to get some ideas and knowledge until I get to actually work with the stuff.

This page and this thread will be of great help I think.

All the best
Simon
Hi Simon and Welcome to the Forum

I am located in Stockholm (Mälarhöjden Strand) so if you need any help down the road in setting everything up or if you get stuck somewhere just holla at me and I can come over and help you with whatever is needed to do to get your studio up and running like clockwork

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-12-2014, 07:39 PM

I plan on buying one this summer to replace my pro controls. I Exocet that Avid will release the S-3 controller in a couple of months and that should drive down the cost of a C24.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 02-13-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi Simon and Welcome to the Forum

I am located in Stockholm (Mälarhöjden Strand) so if you need any help down the road in setting everything up or if you get stuck somewhere just holla at me and I can come over and help you with whatever is needed to do to get your studio up and running like clockwork

Best Regards
Christopher
Hello Christhoper and thank you for the welcome!

That´s great to know, I´m in Solna myself. I´m pretty sure I will be in need of help pretty soon. :)

For the moment I´m extremly confused over which way I should go regarding sound card. I have a RME Fireface 800 at the moment, but I will need more inputs so I guess I´ll be going into something else pretty soon. I also got a Digi96i when I bought the C-24 but I´m not sure if I will use it. I have just bought the toplevel Mac Mini and it´s a bit hard to fit the PCIe card into that little bugger.

Have had thoughts about a Apollo 16 or maybe a Lynx Aurora (both with Thunderbolt expansion)
Also looked into the SSL Alphalink, but there´s the PCI card again.

Well, a bit confused to say the least. Maybe exchange the MacMini for a Pro?

Would be happy for some advice or tips.

All the best
Simon
Old 02-15-2014, 03:29 AM

Hi Riggi,

I have try what you mentioned, but my window mix does not seem to change when I select the memorys I have created. Am I missing some prior set up to the memories? Let me know. Thx
Old 02-16-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPSpace View Post
Get it to Preview mode from the C24 by pressing CMD and OFF (under automation modes) on the left side of the C24.
Thanks for this tip -is there also any modifier plus console key for preview punch, capture and punch capture?

Bruno
Old 02-27-2014, 06:32 PM

How do C24 users position their Playback cursor? This would appear to be one of the most basic of all functions for a control surface. One that you use constantly throughout editing and mixing. I just received a new C24 and expected the jog wheel to be used to position the playback cursor - just like every other control surface I have ever used. Everything ranging from expensive to the cheapest consumer devices. My C24's jog wheel does not do this. I contacted Avid tech support and was told that my C24 is working as designed and to position the playback cursor I should use Scrub or Shuttle modes. Obviously these functions are not viable alternatives. How do C24 users cope with this? I suspect that this is a bug in the current firmware but if tech support doesn't recognize it as a bug there is little chance of it being fixed.

Does anyone have a "tip" for positioning the playback cursor?

Thanks!

Don
Old 04-23-2014, 09:49 AM

You can do it more quickly with arrows, and tab to transients active...
Old 05-27-2014, 10:43 PM

If you hold down both "Mark In" and "Mark Out" buttons at the same time, the wheel moves the cursor. A bit of a kludge as it takes 2 hands, but it does what you're asking
Old 05-29-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
If you hold down both "Mark In" and "Mark Out" buttons at the same time, the wheel moves the cursor. A bit of a kludge as it takes 2 hands, but it does what you're asking
Hey that works great JohnO!! Thanks!

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 05-29-2014, 11:33 PM

Is there a way for replicate same behavior of the B key?