Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 04-15-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Automation over writing problems in touch latch using a d-co

Hi All,
Maybe someone can help me out with a little automation problem I'm having in PT 7.3.1 g5 dual 2.3 gig with a d-command.

Every now and again in touch-latch mode the automation parameter I'm automating will over write everything after it on the track. So, I'm automating and highpass on eq3 and hit stop. The next time audio comes up on the track the previously recorded position on the highpass is wrong and all the automation for the highpass is blank after that last stop point. No break points or anything all the way to the end. This happens with all automation values. Volume or anything. This doesn't happen every time which is the most frustrating part. It's like every 10 or 12 time. I'm pretty sure it's user error but I can't pin down what I'm doing wrong. This only happens on a d-command. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks in advance.
Brandon
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme