Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2006, 09:54 AM

Default Mbox still sounds like loud wind

The MBox output sound like loud wind (or white noise) when I try to playback an audio file or video clip...
The spdif light and the USB light in the front of the box are on at the same time...
If I connect a headset in the front of the Mbox I also hear the noise...
If I play a video with Xpress DV Pro HD thru the Mbox which is how it’s normally connected, I hear the same problem but if I connect the speakers to the audio board on the computer the audio sounds OK...
I install Protools on my Laptop using Ver 6.7 with the same Mbox connected to it, it sound OK no problems, At least the Mbox is OK and the spdif light and the USB light in the front of the box are not on at the same time…
Something is corrupted in the software on my main computer... I haven’t found any info on the web site about a related problem.

PC intel board 3.0 processor - 3gig of ram Xpress Pro HD and Protools Ver. 7
Did not installed any new software or hardware

Things I’ve tried…
1. Reinstalled the drives.
2. Reinstalled Protools Ver 7.
3. Installed protools with the problem Mbox on laptop, and this is OK.
4. Disabled Mbox on the PC restarted the PC with out the Mbox… reconnected and had the PC install the drive from the Protools Ver. 6.9 Disk since the Ver. 7 is just in one file no drivers folder, reinstalled the driver it found, the driver says it’s an older version, installed it anyway.
---Problem did not go away..

Please help.
Freddie