Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 06-21-2016, 05:28 PM

Default Toontrack - EZ Drummer & Superior Drummer - UPDATES

Hi Guys , just a heads up .., new updates are available .......,

EZdrummer 2.1.2 ..., is now available from your Toontrack account. This release includes plenty of new features, improvements and important fixes, details of which are listed below. Note that EZdrummer 2.1.2 is required for EZX expansion packs released from this point forward (Q2 2016).

New features and improvements in Version 2.1.2:

- new e-drum presets
- pasting onto an empty track sets the time signature to that of the pasted loop
- the host will be defaulted to using Windows scaling factor on 4k and high DPI monitors
- drumkit preset menu signals if the selected preset does not represent current state
- added 1/2x, 1x, 2x tempo modifiers to the MIDI browsers, also the possibility to change a 4/4 triplet into 6/8 and vice versa is added in the same menu.
- added a velocity slider to the MIDI browsers
- it is now possible to mute blocks in the song track by right clicking and selecting "Mute"
- selected preset is now shown below the selected EZX.
- presets that get changed from their original setting will have an indicator next to the preset name to show it has been tweaked.
- sorting algorithm in search browser has been changed to sort as humans tend to do instead of how computers want to do it.
- possible to change the starting bar number of song track time line between 0 and 1.
- audio effects updated
- new standalone channel routing system which handles unlimited number of outputs on the sound card
- standalone sample rate is no longer fixed at 44.1k
- improved crash dump dialogs on Windows. Tries to write in three different locations before giving up. Also reports if it fails writing the dump file

Bug fixes:
- various crash fixes
- having no internet connection and going into Online MIDI mode didnt show the "Connection failed." error message.
- loading a project containing a tap2find loop always caused search tab to be visible, regardless of which tab was used upon saving.
- toggling favorites while in online midi mode did not properly keep favorite state when entering offline mode again (and vice versa)
- loading a project or selecting "new" in standalone did not properly reset the tap2find loop, which in worst case scenario caused a crash.
- when using back/forward buttons reset the quantize value both on block and in tap2find
- dragging from favorites to somewhere and then back to favorites appended an extra .mid on the name
- metronome volume fix in stand alone
- now possible to drag from tap2find to favourites
Known issues with the current version of EZdrummer can be reviewed at:
https://www.toontrack.com/faq/known-...with-ezdrummer

Superior 2.4.4 ..., is now available from your Toontrack account. This update is recommended to all users and is necessary for compatibility with all SDXs and EZXs expansion packs released from this point forward (Q2 2016). Please note that version 2.4.0 was the earliest version to provide compatibility with the EZdrummer 2 Core library and access to the EZdrummer 2 EZX presets.

IMPORTANT: this release is tested on Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 upwards only. It is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 or Windows XP. Users with these earlier operating systems are advised to remain at version 2.3.1.
Improvements and fixes in version 2.4.4:
- tempo changes now better handled when bouncing through mixer.This affects only some of the EZX black boxes that react to tempo changes.
- changing MIDI as numbers immediately updates the current assigned keys menu.
- E-drum MIDI presets somewhat adjusted to harmonize with EZdrummer 2.
- rare preset bug fixed. If there was a folder with presets among the user presets and this folder got sorted to be last in the menu, then any preset created during a session could not be deleted.
- crash avoided if default lib is somehow broken enough to warrant a warning but that warning never get's the time to display before another lib is loaded.
- Support for upcoming EZX sound libraries
- Unwanted focus grabbing in ProTools improved.
- fix for pitch Reset. Should now reset only selected drums and not 'Fix' anything else by mistake.
- fix for rare situation where an EZX1 could get stuck in an unauthorized state.
- fix for crash when setting path to S1 libs. (Since 2.4.1)
- fix for spurious appearance of non-working EZX POPROCK sometimes when EZdrummer 2 or its demo was installed.
Known issues with the current version of Superior can be reviewed at:
https://www.toontrack.com/faq/known-...-with-superior
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 06-21-2016, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Toontrack - EZ Drummer & Superior Drummer - UPDATES

Regarding this update feature in EZD2 ...,

- added 1/2x, 1x, 2x tempo modifiers to the MIDI browsers, also the possibility to change a 4/4 triplet into 6/8 and vice versa is added in the same menu"

This is great ..., I just used tap to find (to search a beat in my midi libraries) and there are many "ADDED" results from adjusted beats using this said feature . Many of those beat choices would not have been available before they added that feature .

This new feature has now hypothetically doubled the size and usability of my previous library and other useful stuff added too.
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 06-21-2016, 07:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to updating soon.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-26-2016, 05:36 AM

Hi guys. I'm sorta' Butting in here so please excuse. I have seen the update screen when I open EZ2 but have not updated as yet. I don't fully use it in the way it's meant to be used. (I just grab a measure of kick, snare , hi hat and sometimes cymbals and toms and build my drum tracks in Pro tools from there). I know that's not the right way but it works for me. Anyway here is my question. Where in the EZD sound library might I find simple, old school Rock and Roll riffs like snare drum fills that don't include fancy, jazzy, show off drumming. You Know. Commercial sounding stuff. I have been through the EZD library that they refer to as Vintage but as yet have not found what I am looking for. If the update includes such I would update. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:07 AM

Sounds like you need to start building your midi library up, and there is lots of add on packs available , also 3rd party .

Platinum samples are good 3rd party , and I find their midi packs are more usable overall with less of the razzamatazz of the TT packs.

When building a track I use EZ drummer 2 + Superior Drummer.

EZD2 has many great new features that SD doesnt have .
EZD2 can also tame overplayed midi by reducing hits , and their tap to find feature is something of a marvel when it comes to searching for suitable ' ballpark' midi files in your library.

Anyway , even with my huge library I still never find a file that is just right and everything ends up radically getting chopped up and rearranged first within ez drummer...,

then extensively chopped and edited in Protools midi editor after that...

When I am happy with the completed midi file.., I will then use SD2 as the V.I for the playing the midi . In SD2 I will then select my chosen drum kit , and then edit the drum kits to my preferences for the song . (I dont use toontracks FX either , but thats just my personal choice)

Once the kit is sounding and responding how I want in SD2, I will export WAV out of SD's multiple outputs into individual Audio tracks within protools where I will then mix with my own FX and treat the tracks from then on just like a regular (real) drum kit recording.

I suggest you all watch the many excellent tuition videos on Groove 3 to speed up your learning curve