Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 PM

Question Pro Tools 10 and Presonus StudioLive 24:4:2

Hi

hoping for some advice. I'm running PT 10.3.3. on a Windows 7 64 pc. no issues at all and have been using a digidesign 002 Rack for many years with no issues. Now i've swapped the 002 for the Presonus.

There now seems to be an issue in loading sessons, it seems to remember the 002 ins and outs, i keep having to go to the I/O page and click the "default" button on every tab over and over, but it never entirely gets rid of the 002 interface. Sometimes PT just crashes because it gets confused. I always set all inputs and outputs of the tracks to "No input" or "No output", then do the I/O thing.

I've tried this on new projects and old ones, repeatedly, but the old 002 interface just wont go away. What is it that i am doing wrong , can anyone suggest a fix ? Any help much appreciated.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 and Presonus StudioLive 24:4:2

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Every View Post
Hi

hoping for some advice. I'm running PT 10.3.3. on a Windows 7 64 pc. no issues at all and have been using a digidesign 002 Rack for many years with no issues. Now i've swapped the 002 for the Presonus.

There now seems to be an issue in loading sessons, it seems to remember the 002 ins and outs, i keep having to go to the I/O page and click the "default" button on every tab over and over, but it never entirely gets rid of the 002 interface. Sometimes PT just crashes because it gets confused. I always set all inputs and outputs of the tracks to "No input" or "No output", then do the I/O thing.

I've tried this on new projects and old ones, repeatedly, but the old 002 interface just wont go away. What is it that i am doing wrong , can anyone suggest a fix ? Any help much appreciated.
Do you have "Sessions Overwrite current I/O Setup when opened" checked.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-12-2013, 02:40 PM

No I dont, should I ?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:12 AM

I too have similar issues. The aux buss makes no sense to me. I am on a 16.4.2 This is an area that i have not been able to fully grasp
There are a few. A template exists on the Presonus web site for both units. You need to erase all of your in out settings and launch their template. After that i get lost. I too came from a 002 and all the old sessions appear to need to be reconfigured in the in out area.

I am trying to set up outputs in stereo pairs a drum stem a bass stem etc.
I don't need to have a stereo bass stem. I am intersted in how others configure protools and presonus studiolive.

I have had occasional pops and clicks where i need to restart the presonus to get them to stop.

The studiolive is much more complex than the 002 and that is good and bad. I came from an 002 with the Blacklion signature mod and it sounds at least as good to my ears. I've had mine for a few months and i am not exactly client ready. I'm old and slow but tenacious.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:06 PM

Hi Tim
Yes I am old too, so perhaps we can assist each other! I've tried the tick box that Scott suggested, and it is better, but I still get the dialog that says "I/O has changed, do you want to save a detailed report?" PT seems reluctant to remember everything but its workable. Apart from that I have all the channels set up ok and last night we did our first recording with the band using the new desk. I am using the aux sends for monitoring when we rehearse or headphones when we record. So far so good. If you have any specific questions I'll certainly try to help. Regards, David