Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Re: The Tea Room..!!

Ready ..??
Bang your head on this one...
Something "sukks2bu" recorded and I mixed, not your usual emotional love ballads
later,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-06-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Thanx..did a quick check. It's funny how the DUCthang hit me Haven't heard it since..
That really inspired me to dig into the Panda thing..just I'm a bit afraid of the complexity and the overall style of it.
Who is around ?

Yeah...I agree . the DUCthang was very cool to record with all you whackos....btw Andrew...read a post that actually states that you advocate plug-ins. Is this the new Andrew? WHHHHHHHAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS UP with that? Have tonight off...me and the sweetie are going to hang. Playing Sat. + Sunday at Mohegan Sun's Wolf den. That is a really fun stage. What is up with Panda anyway?

dig,

def lime skinny
Old 01-06-2006, 03:18 PM

Ha ha cowboy..
Hoping your sweetie feels better now. Plug-ins ? Nope..just trying to explain the noob that listening to them, is actually more beneficial, than simply reading comparison articles.. Watdoiknow ?
The Panda will eventually happen, have been busy " on this end " ©birdman
bob

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-06-2006, 05:10 PM

Quote:
" on this end " ©birdman
bob
for the Panda thing, If I recall the ball was in your court to do drums eh? I remember providing a scratch composition and then we gots a lot o' crazy talk about making it into the monster track of the year or something. If we are to get back on track, for the time being I would say that we should focus on the scratch and go from there and do addtions for a Panda "part two" at a later date seperately so that the story can develop and we can break this into managable chunks to work on. I was honestly attempting to sit back on this one and let someone else take composer credits, but if noone is up for it, I would be happy to lay another rough down also with an acoustic and an SM57 and we could go from there in that direction?

Personally I would vote for the current scratch that we had going caus I think Daisy's vox and Danji's piano were great together and it would make one heck of a cool ambient type of track in its current state. I am even trying to remember what genre we were going for to begin with honestly..... lol I think it was psychadelic/ ??
Old 01-06-2006, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Thanx..did a quick check. It's funny how the DUCthang hit me Haven't heard it since..
That really inspired me to dig into the Panda thing..just I'm a bit afraid of the complexity and the overall style of it.
Who is around ?

yeah, DUCthang still does that to me also. I have it on my master play list of like 200 hours of music or something like that and every time I hear it I am like whoa... hehe
Old 01-06-2006, 05:15 PM

Kenny: hope you guys have a good weekend hanging and gigging man!
Old 01-06-2006, 05:19 PM

oh... btw... No offense meant to any of you because you are all my DUC brothers and sister but I am officiating a new rule for Panda if we continue on it also, it goes something like this:

If you say you would like to jam on a collaboration, please complete your tracks in a timely fashion (schedule allowing) and get them to us asap. If you are not sure if you have time, thats cool and we accept you can pass on a collab for now caus I am sure there will be many more opportunities

sorry, but I had to get this off my chest guys caus last time around I got e-mails from folks that don't even chat with us in the Tea Room for example and they said they wanted to contribute so I sent them the track and they never had the common courtesy to even reply or send their parts after weeks of me attempting to track them down.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:22 PM

soo.... who's in on this Panda thing anyways? If I recall we had me, Andrew, Karel, Danji, Mala, and Tim last I counted? Am I missing anyone?
Old 01-06-2006, 05:23 PM

anyone around, anyone around?!?!?!? yep, too much coffee...
Old 01-06-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Ready ..??
Bang your head on this one...
Something "sukks2bu" recorded and I mixed, not your usual emotional love ballads
later,
nice work to you both there dude! fits pretty good into the emo/punk/pop catagory. The band can play pretty well also for this type of genre.