How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 10-19-2020, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Melodyne 5 Studio window behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
While I've got a fellow heavy Melodyne user's attention - do you find the ProTools auto-save takes an age when you have a lot of Melodyne tracks on the go? It's fine as long as you don't edit anything, but as soon as you edit even a small portion the spinning wheel of death is there for a good 5 seconds, sometimes even longer, while it's auto-saving. Just another thing that drives me mad.
I just loaded a recent session with 10 vocal tracks and 10 instantiations of Melodyne. It's a 24bit 44k session. I'm running a 2016 MBP i7 3.1ghz 16gb ram. Mojave. Backup set to keep all and save every 1 minute. Absolutely no spinning ball when editing melodyne data. I usually work in 96k but this session was started by another engineer. I suppose on average I have 3 or 4 tracks of melodyne per song and still no issues with autobackup choking from melodyne editing. My guess is something in your system is choking. It could be so many things. I'd start by looking at where your melodyne data is being written to. I would make sure it's to a folder in your session folder. That way you should get the same priority and speed when writing as when you are tracking. Just a thought.
UAD Apollo 8p / Octo
Old 11-09-2020, 06:25 PM

Hey guys! I just downloaded and installed Melodyne 5.1 and this issue has been fixed. I tested it with an existing session and it worked the way we all knew it should....the melodyne window stays where you stopped playback. What a relief! I am so glad many people spoke up and asked for them to remedy this.

I hope you all find the same results!

gmu
UAD Apollo 8p / Octo
Old 11-09-2020, 09:14 PM

Thank you Germany! And thanks for the Sham Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-10-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmu View Post
I just loaded a recent session with 10 vocal tracks and 10 instantiations of Melodyne. It's a 24bit 44k session. I'm running a 2016 MBP i7 3.1ghz 16gb ram. Mojave. Backup set to keep all and save every 1 minute. Absolutely no spinning ball when editing melodyne data. I usually work in 96k but this session was started by another engineer. I suppose on average I have 3 or 4 tracks of melodyne per song and still no issues with autobackup choking from melodyne editing. My guess is something in your system is choking. It could be so many things. I'd start by looking at where your melodyne data is being written to. I would make sure it's to a folder in your session folder. That way you should get the same priority and speed when writing as when you are tracking. Just a thought.
I've only just seen this, thanks :)

5.1 working fine here so far!