Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-25-2009, 11:05 PM

Default Plug-Ins Alias folder points to wrong folder???

I just checked my PT8 Plug-Ins alias folder. When I "Show Original" the Plug-Ins in this folder point to my PT7.4 Plug-Ins folder even though I did a clean install of PT 8. My PT8 Plug-Ins alias folder points to:

HD (Tiger) / Applications / Digidesign / Pro Tools / Plug-Ins alias (my 7.4 Tiger install)

1. Does this mean my install of PT8 is accessing my PT7.4 Plug-Ins?

Where PT 8 was clean-installed, it contains only PT8 install Plug-Ins:

HD (Leopard) / Library / Applications Support / Digidesign / Plug-Ins

2. What is going on?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this...

--------------------------------------------------

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Old 05-26-2009, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Plug-Ins Alias folder points to wrong folder???

bumpity

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Old 05-26-2009, 08:37 AM

I don't think the alias matters too much.. It's just there for convenience maybe? If you want to see if PT8 is trying to use your 7.4 plug-ins (on Tiger) then just move all your 7.4 plug-ins to the Plug-ins(unused) folder and see what happens.. My guess is that you would have been having problems if PT8 was using 7.4 plug-ins...

Let me guess.. You did a clean install of Leopard, but you imported files and settings.. Then you installed PT8 over that...? That's the only thing that I could think of that would leave behind an alias pointing to the Tiger volume. The PT8 installer might not have seen it as a problem, so it didn't overwrite it
Old 05-26-2009, 03:43 PM

Thanks flommer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
Let me guess.. You did a clean install of Leopard, but you imported files and settings.. Then you installed PT8 over that...?
Clean install Leopard and PT8 from disc but I didn't import files and settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
The PT8 installer might not have seen it as a problem, so it didn't overwrite it
Good point.