Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 10-19-2018, 12:40 AM

Default MOJAVE & Pro tools

When will Pro tools be fully supported by Mac OS Mojave? I updated my computer accidentally and can not go back.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:00 AM

Default Re: MOJAVE & Pro tools

No one knows and that info won’t be released until an official version is released. No one who knows can actually tell you due to NDAs.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 10-19-2018, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisenglandd View Post
When will Pro tools be fully supported by Mac OS Mojave? I updated my computer accidentally and can not go back.
You can go back to whatever you had before. May have to completely wipe the system drive but you can go back.

You DID make a backup/clone of your system right? Outside of ZDT on an iLok it's the cheapest insurance for when things happen. Right now I'm doing my weekly clones of the systems here.

QAPLA!
Old 10-21-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You can go back to whatever you had before. May have to completely wipe the system drive but you can go back.

You DID make a backup/clone of your system right? Outside of ZDT on an iLok it's the cheapest insurance for when things happen. Right now I'm doing my weekly clones of the systems here.
Well unluckily my brother updated it so no backups were done. Is it normal to have my audio tracks have clicks in them? Before the update my stuff was working fine and then after, clicks will randomly be in the audio trackss that I recorded.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:19 PM

As in normal, I mean that is it most likely because I’m running Mojave that theses clicks are happening.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:25 PM

Nobody here can guess what is going on with your system, or wether that has anything to do with official support from Avid.

Clicks are usually a sign of a clocking problem or IO buffer too small. You need to start there and troubleshoot, check your system is optimized or roll back to the last working backup you have... or go do full reinstalls. You *never* made a backup of your working system? Ever? That is not somebody else’s fault. You are not doing well so far, so guessing your problem is caused by Pro Tools version not being officially supported.... bzzzt wrong approach there as well, you should at least be doing basic standard troubleshooting of that... (“help us help you” up top of every DUC web page).

All these are your problems, and all can be worked by you.

Latest Pro Tools is running OK on the latest Mojave for me, not much load and largely using Built-In Output while editing (another test you can try).
Old 10-23-2018, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Mojave and PT 2018.7

I'm looking at picking up a new MacBook Pro in the next few weeks and would rather get on with Mojave than have to start rolling back operating systems if possible...will be using primarily with UAD hardware and software.

Any more experiences rolling in? Obviously I know it's not officially supported yet by Avid...
Old 10-24-2018, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Mojave and PT 2018.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunst View Post
I'm looking at picking up a new MacBook Pro in the next few weeks and would rather get on with Mojave than have to start rolling back operating systems if possible...will be using primarily with UAD hardware and software.

Any more experiences rolling in? Obviously I know it's not officially supported yet by Avid...
got my brand new replacement MBP today, I had custom upgrades on it and requested that I have High Sierra 10.13.6 the apple chap told me last week it would be impossible because Mojave was out. What a nice surprise when I fired up my lappy it had HS 10.13.6 loaded.... thanks apple..

I'll be updating to Mojave in due time, haven't heard any bad reports yet from people who are running it and so far sounds promising.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 11-02-2018, 08:46 AM

So no issues with Pro Tools if I update to Mojave?
Old 11-02-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry9 View Post
so no issues with pro tools if i update to mojave?
do not update>

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave