Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2011, 01:49 AM

Unhappy MBox 2, Core Audio on Snow Lepoard

Hi guys!

I have an MBox2 I got along with Pro Tools LE 7 many years ago when I had a OSX Tiger Powerbook.
I understood that naturally the software would be out of date on my Intel MacBook Pro Snow Leopard 10.6.6

I have no real intention of bothering with ProTools now, so just installed the CoreAudio Drivers so I can use the MBox as a sound card...
  • I have installed the Standalone CoreAudio Drivers v8.0.3 for Leopard and Snow Leopard
  • I have Mbox 2
  • Digidesign CoreAudio.plugin is present in Library/Audio/Plug-ins/HAL folder
  • The Mbox lights up fine
  • I can see the MBox attached when I check in System preferences > Digidesign Mbox2 (see screenshots)
  • I can select the MBox from available output devices in Preferences > Sound (see screenshots)

However... When I try to play any audio in any program, there is no sound. Even though the program shows it is in play mode, the time does not progress. Eg in iTunes, I hit play and the transport bar shows the time stuck at 00:00 (see screenshots) or wherever I place it.

This is the same for all software.

FYI, there is no installation of any pro tools on this mac, only the Core audio drivers.

Anyone note anything i'm doing wrong here compared to what should be done? I have read of others working fine on this set up, bot no one with this exact problem.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.
Kind regards,
Shaun
Old 03-25-2011, 02:03 AM

Default Re: MBox 2, Core Audio on Snow Lepoard

PS...
A couple of Screenshots...

Preferences showing MBox Connected:
http://shaunbutler.co.uk/files/connectedtombox2.jpg

Preferences > Sound showing MBox as available output:
http://shaunbutler.co.uk/files/soundprefs.jpg

Ha! This is a silly screenshot... its impossible to show something moving or not moving in screenshot! But this is an example of an application, as you can see itunes is playing, but the transport bar does not progress, nor is any sound playing. I have placed it at 0:29
http://shaunbutler.co.uk/files/itunesnotplaying.jpg