Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-10-2017, 03:01 AM

Default License doesn't authorize newer versions provided

Hi to all. I have been out of touch for a while with working with my protools. I upgraded to 12.8 and was getting the error msg saying "you are trying to upgrade to a newer version" and protools wont activate. I have been reading some of the posts and thought i was getting somewhere, but I am still puzzled. My Ilock account says I can run PT 10 11 12 and 2016.There is no expiration date. There are another 3 licenses that say have been surrendered, so I moved them to the hidden part of the Ilock account. But still no joy to run PT 12.8 ( which is available on my avid account for download ). I have a perpetual license but can only run upto 12.5.2. I bought an Eleven rack and PT package in 2015 ( i think ) and always upgraded when there was an upgrade available via my avid account. I cant remember what version worked when I used PT last ( not been too well for a while ) 12...something. I then upgraded windows from win 7 to win 10. So I uninstalled 12.8 then tried 12.6 no joy the tried 12.4 and it worked. I opened up App manager and all was well, PT was activated and said Perpetual license, but no upgrade available for PT. I then installed 12.5.2 from my avid account dowloads and again all was well. But this time there was an update for the App Manager, so I updated and now under Licensing it says Not Activated, but PT still runs. So I thought this could have something to do with the Ilock. So I tried deactivating/reactivating/deleting license data from pc, synching Ilock, synching avid acount, but no joy. Can anyone help to shine some light on this crazy diamond for me please. Cheers

Last edited by jeffro; 11-10-2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Moved from unrelated thread.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Subscription license not authorizing Pro Tools 12

Anyone any ideas.
Heres some pics from the app manager and ilock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg app manager 2.jpg (43.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg app manager.jpg (44.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ilock 1.jpg (55.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ilock 2.jpg (36.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ilock.jpg (33.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by joseph777; 11-10-2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added some pics
Old 11-10-2017, 12:47 PM

Default Subscription license not authorizing Pro Tools 12

Pro Tools 12.6 or later requires an updated license. Which it looks like you did not install in that iLok. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-a-new-license. If you did not get that license and we’re qualified to, then contact Avid Support or at least post here clearly what exactly is going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2017, 12:57 PM

Hi Darryl, thanks for your time and post. I didn't want to start a new thread as peeps on this thread have the same issue and got help from the mods or Avid staff.
The problem is I am stuck on PT 12.5.2 and cannot upgrade to any newer version, although I have newer versions on offer in my Avid account downloads page. When I install 12.6 /12.7 / or 12.8 i cant run PT. I get an activation error.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT dowloads.jpg (47.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-10-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph777 View Post
I didn't want to start a new thread as peeps on this thread have the same issue and got help from the mods or Avid staff.
Not actually the same issue - this thread is about activating Subscription licenses, but you have a Perpetual license which is the original bundle so doesn't support 12.6/higher.
Quote:
The problem is I am stuck on PT 12.5.2 and cannot upgrade to any newer version, although I have newer versions on offer in my Avid account downloads page. When I install 12.6 /12.7 / or 12.8 i cant run PT. I get an activation error.
Please contact support to provide your info to get this solved.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:16 PM

Hi Jeffro, thanks for your time and post. Sorry my bad, thought it was the same issue as other folk on this same thread. I am stuck on 12.5.2 then you reckon. Is there anything else you can do to help or must I contact support and have my mail lost in space for a few months or so

Any and all help is really appreciated. Thanks very much, joseph.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:24 PM

Default Re: License doesn't authorize newer versions provided

Hi folks. Sorry yes its meself again. Heres another screen after I re-installed PT 12.4 with App Manager and ilock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT ilock and App manager.jpg (52.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-10-2017, 02:28 PM

Default Re: License doesn't authorize newer versions provided

You started a support case so please work through that - mods and others won't be able to assist with this issue. Thanks.