Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 AM

Default > Midi per note output mapping

First a bit of a definition in case the subject is not clear. . . Midi per note output mapping (output Port, Channel, Note #) - The ability to map each different midi note #s on a Midi track to specific outputs, midi channels and/or notes. For instance a midi drum track could have C1 mapped to two or three different kick drum samples (snap, close, room), from 3 different Virtual instruments, while snare note D1 could be mapped to yet another VI. This is extremely useful because midi drums are much easier to edit when all notes are on one track, and if you can map these notes to any sampling devices then the sky is the limit for accessing sounds with ease.

Cubase had something like this in the first version, and probably still does. I believe it was called Drum Tracks and was something you could enable on a midi track-by-track basis, and you could save/call in map presets, at least that is how I remember it, but it has been about 9 years since I touched Cubase.

I have asked Digi for this feature as long as 8 years ago, and a few times since then. I am completing some jingle work right now and could really use the feature again. Anyone know if Digi has this midi feature on the horizon?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:32 PM

Default Re: > Midi per note output mapping

Quote:
Anyone know if Digi has this midi feature on the horizon?
Bump it up. . . any comments, or is it only me that is interested in this subject?